Forever loving my Pippi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corky'sMom...i'm very certain that is why Pippi did fight for as long as he did....i had spent endless amount of time with him...cuddling him,telling him how proud i was of him and how special he was....he would always lick me no matter how he was feeling,to this day i still picture everything that he went through...i see his very bad days when he just looked so sad and i would just hold him and cry into his fur,and then i see his good days when he looked happy...i always knew when he was having a good day because he would come searching for me and when he found me he would just sit close to me....Pippi was always a special bunny...but spending so much time with him and always being at the vets with him...we shared a very tight bond,he ended up more attached to me than ever...i cannot believe the love that he showed me.

I keep wishing that he didn't get so sick...not like that.. you know...i keep thinking...what if more could have been done for him....those what if's are torture,i'm one of those people that hold onto things...it's hard for me to let go of the sadness,i do nothing but think of what i have lost.

And those lyrics to Goodbye my friend are just so fitting...it's just perfect for the way i feel about Pippi........he was suchan awesome little bunny.....i wish he was still here....yeah...i wish he was still here with me :(

Crystal...you are always as sweet as ever...you know that!....i'm looking forward to seeing sweet Angel's video...she was such a special little girl..big hugs to you:hug:

Today i was cleaning the kitchen cupboard out,and i came across Pippi's e collar,he had to wear the collar so he wouldn't pull out his stitches,he hated that collar so much...i still see that evil look he gave Dr Lee when he had put the collar on him,Pippi was so mad at him,everyone in the vet all went awwww when they seen him..he did look really cute with it on.

Anyway when i came across his collar,the tears just fell...and i just sat there for a long time just thinking about everything....i'm a very sentimental person and i hold a lot of things close to my heart...i wasn't going to throw it away..so i stored in in my linen closet....just for the memories.

I wish to god all the time..that please never let me go through that with any of my other bunnies...i could not stand to watch another bunny go through what Pippi did...it's just to heart breaking to watch somethingi loved so much just slowly slip away frommy life :(

Cheryl

Hang in there Cheryl, I'm so sorry its so hard for you...I can only begin to imagine the pain you are going thrufrom when I came close to loosing Corky..it was devistating...he did stop breathing a couple of times. We have that same kind of bond you had Pippi had, I can only imagine how lost and alone you feel w/o him. :bigtears:

I know that it's not enuff, but try to dwell on the fact that you gave him a wonderful life and try so hard to look back on the good times...I know someday I will be in your shoes and I know, like I said, WAY easier said than done.

A place like this is good to have, here folks understand...while the rest of the world thinks/says...'its just a bunny'....wow do those people SO do NOT get it! :craziness

CorkysMom wrote:
A place like this is good to have, here folks understand...while the rest of the world thinks/says...'its just a bunny'....wow do those people SO do NOT get it!

Yep i agree,if i couldn't say how i feel here on this forum....i know it would beSO much harder for me....i have absolutely noone that really understands....i think they try,but i know they don't...because i still hear those words they say,'he was just a rabbit'..when they say this they don't realize that it makes me cry inside and it makes me sad.

When Pippi was going through all that crap and i had spent a few thousand dollarson him by the time he died....i was told i shouldn't waste my money....'why am i wasting so much money on a rabbit that cost just $25'...ugh,it makes me so mad.

I just need to say that i went through some crap with my childrens dad,some stuff that i'm sure has left me emontionally scarred...my bunnies have brought so much backto my life,more than what i think people realize.....i would do anything for my bunnies,for what they do for me.

Pippi was awesome,i still cannot believe to this day what a brave fight he put up,he was so fragile..as his health problems and having EC took all of his body fat away,yet he still battled on.....i do know he was a lot stronger than i ever will be.

When people ask you why you put all that $ into a rabbit, turn it right around on them...ask them if they'd do the same for their dog/cat...and when they say yes, say then HOW is this any different?!?!? Usually shuts them right up, and some even get a bit of realization after that....those folks just don't understand rabbits are such an awesome pet, just as valuable as their dog or cat!

I have actually said that before to someone,their reply was 'yeah,but a dog lives much longer than a rabbit'.....ohh well people like that are just very ignorant.

I love my bunnies no matter what anybody says to me and what i did for Pippi,i would do all over again :)

Hey my sweet boy....i was going through all your vet reciepts last night....yep you knew i was weird like that by keeping them all,i have all you bunnies reciepts when you have all been to see the vet....the boys would always say 'mum why are you keeping them'...but i know deep down they knew....a lot of memories are in those reciepts...a lot of tears are in there as well...painful memories of how much i tried to help you.

Jeremy and me started talking about you..we talked about the funny things you used to do before you got sick,and how in love you and Strawberry were and just what you would be getting up to up there in Rainbow bridge...so i guess i just had this need to come back to your thread.

You are forever in my heart Pippi...you and the other bunnies,you are all never far from my mind...but i know that you all know that already.

I ask you not to mourn for me,
For many long, sad days;
My tired body's gone to rest,
Kept warm by sun's soft rays.

I pray, don't long for me, my dear,
Our souls are bound with twine,
By love that knows no end in sight,
A hope, forever mine.

And finally, please do live your life,
My love surrounds your soul;
For when you cry those wretched tears,
Gold memories will take hold.