Forever home for bunny near Northwest Indiana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
katt wrote:
iwould make sure she is being handled alot, because running breeds needconstand handling to make sure they don't get to spazzy in someoneshands. . .
I've noticed!

I know she has grown a lot since I've gotten her, but she still has growing to do I guess.

As for male rabbits NEEDING to be neutered, well unless you like hotrabbit urine sprayed in your face, then yes...they definitely do.

Wow, with bigger pics she definately doesn'tlook like an English Spot anymore! She's gonna be a huge,beautiful girl. I wish I had the space to take her.I'd love a giant, I just don't know where I'd put her.:(

I love the pics she has such a personality. Ihope she finds a great home. I showed my husband the pics because Ijust love her markings and the larger ones seem calmer and better withkids but of course he said no way.

As far as the running away when you try to catch her to put her back inthe cage one suggestion is to tell her one phrase such as go in yourhouse and try to herd her in by clapping rather than picking her up. Iknow with Bella who is 10llbs or so she has made it a game getting herto go back in her cage. They make a game out of certain activities thatwe would not think are games. I found a website that tells which breedsshed more. .... I will post it when I find it. Untl then best wishes.

Checkereds are a running breed so it doesn't surprise me that she's hard to catch now. :D

You'll wanna make sure Girlie gets a lot of positive attention now at ayoung age and used to being picked up. I'd hate to have a big rabbitsuch as a Checkered and not be able to control it.

Checkereds are strong with their back feet along with their teeth.Checkereds can be real sweet but don't let your guard down.;)Theycan be calm like the Flemish but ingeneral are more hyper then the Flemish.

I honestly have a fear of Checkereds because I've seem some damage a few have caused.
So my 4-H kids have bets on me started already for next fair. :foreheadsmack:

This year they were able to get me to pet a Checkered as it was runningup and down the table. Next year they want me to carry a Checkered fromone end of the barn to the other end. Crazy kids! (I'm just about theirage so they think it's fun to torment the youngest advisor in the barn)

Again, I've heard of many Checkereds being nice! I just want to giveyou a heads up that they could cause damage if not handled enough.

JRabbit wrote:
Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
by thetime she's done growing she would be around 12 pounds.

:shock::shock::shock:

The Standard of Perfection states that a senior doe (8 months of ageand older since it's a big breed) should be a minimum weight of 12pounds. There's no maximum weight like many other breeds.

So that's all I was going by when I made that statement. ;)

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
Checkereds are strong with their back feet along with their teeth.Checkereds can be real sweet but don't let your guard down.;)Theycan be calm like the Flemish but ingeneral are more hyper then the Flemish.

I honestly have a fear of Checkereds because I've seem some damage a few have caused.

Again, I've heard of many Checkereds being nice! I just want to giveyou a heads up that they could cause damage if not handled enough.

Jeez. She is very strong with her back legs but she hasn't tried totear me up with them too much just yet. I did get a scratch from herbut thats because her nails need to be clipped, which I suppose Ishould do pretty soon. ;)

I will be making a new thread for girlie onlywithin the next day or two (I have to get time, I have a giantpsychology test wednesday and a paper due on thursday-so I am a bitbusy :shock::shock:- I will get around to it soon though!!!:bunnydance:)

OOOh, Girlie is so cute, and my Flemish Giantdied this summer. It's so very tempting as I am inNorthEastern IN, but...(there's always a 'but', isn't there?) I have 6buns already, and five piggies. It's a full house.I'd be happy to spread the word. Good Luck.

Back