Forever home for bunny near Northwest Indiana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRabbit

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that I am going to try to have pictures up this week!

I also have a new rabbit in my custody that will be needing a home.

She was purchased from a fair and the person who bought her decided that she did not have the means to take care of her.
She is just adorable and is under a year old. (she is getting to be a big girl though)

I will have pictures of both of them up with all the information I have on them soon!

Thats great that you have been able to take these two in. Its too bad you cant keep them!

Pics would be great..they always help!

redangel..that would be so wonderful if you could possibly take one of these bunnies!

Im not sure where Jrabbit is located (the thread says NW Indiana)...I'll send her a pm and see if we can get some more info!

RedAngel: JRabbit's internet connection is down right now, so her access is limited.

Apparently, she is located in Griffith, IN (near IL border)..looks likethat is about 3 hours from you. If it looks like you would be able totake in one or more of her rabbits, we could help arrange for you tomeet in the middle to cut down on driving time (and there might even bemembers in the middle who could help tranport).

I see you are a new member...Welcome to RO! Do you currentlyhave any rabbits or have you had some in the past? This site is a greatresource for all bunny owners!

Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Members thread here:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11671&forum_id=1

Welcome and thanks for your interest in these bunnies that are in need of a good home!

-Haley

Thanks for adding that extra info :)

I can't wait to get a picture or 2 up but my goodness my internet hasbeen down for awhile now. I will have to use someone elses computer orsneak do it at work ( I am at work typing now actually ;) )

I promise to have pics up this week atleast.

I can't promise high quality pics because my camera is from the darkages, but they will be good enough to see what the bunnies look like.

If you want an idea though you just have to look at the forum banner.

The second (the one with the ball) and third rabbit in the banner look just like Buns (a dutch bunny)

The 5th rabbit in the banner, the one laying downright nextto the brown and tan one looks like the new girl I have. Black whiteand speckly looking.

Buns is sneezing a bit so he is going to get checked by the vet before he goes to a new home.

If you need any help with pics, feel free to pmme...would it help if you emailed a few to me (when you get a chance toupload them) and I could resize them and everything for you?

Just trying to help :)

-Haley

I would be interested in helping with one of thebunnies. I would love to know more about thefemale. Does she like to be handled much. My sonreally needs a rabbit that enjoys being loved on. This wouldbe our first rabbit, so it would be an adventure. We have hadguinea pigs in the past and they have a few similarities so I think wecould handle it. My husband is more in favor of getting arabbit versus a rabbit because of the little box training. Ihave to admit that does sound a lot nicer than having to clean out thecage constantly. Let me know if there is any new info on thebunnies, I am dying to see pictures.

The male is somewhat litter trained though he will still turd everywhere-he just does MOST of his business in the litter box.

The female likes to be handled somewhat. She hasn't been handled muchin her life I believe, but she likes people. She is not a rabbit thatyou can just grab and pick up though. She needs to be petted and coaxedfirst. She is very sweet though. No sign of agression at all. And sheLOOVVESS carrots. She will run right up to you if you have a yummytreat.

If you are intesested in the girl, I have a temporary cage you can use.It's a good cage that you can use while setting up everything with thepermament cage. She came with it when she was purchased from the fair.
The only other thing I can spare with her besides the temp cage wouldbe a small package of hay because I need the other things for Buns ifhe is to stay with me a bit longer.

She is still sort of skinny, but she eats a lot so I am expecting her to gain more weight.

If you are seriously interested though there are some questions I need to ask you :)

Oops. Forgot to add, that while Buns is neutered, the girl is not spayed.

redangel: Im so glad to hear youre interested on learning up about house rabbits!

They can be a bit messy at times, but if you keep up with changingtheir litter boxes and cleaning their cages, they are quite clean. wehave some great resources on here for new owners (how to build a cheapcage out of storage-NIC-grids, what to expect etc).

Just remember, most rabbits dont like to be picked up. They like you toget down to their level. Also, how old is your son? Many arabbit has been severely hurt by being picked up incorrectly by a youngchild. You would need to be sure to be the primary caretaker.

Anyway..dont want to scare you off..just giving you some basic info offthe top of my head. I sent a pm to our host, Rosie, who will be sendingyou a welcomemessage with helpful links tonew bunnymoms!

Best wishes :)

-Haley

:yeahthat

Oh, and redangel, she said that while the two arent fully bonded, theydo get along well (except the little girl eats the boys food :)) andhe is neutered.

Interested in two??? When I brought home my first house bun, I justwanted the one..but now that I have them bonded I cant imagine havingone without the other!

Just a thought.... :whistling

It is up to you. I don't want you to be overwhelmed.

Also I will post pics tomorrow night :)

I Know how difficult it is when your computeraccess is limitted but even if you cannot get pics of the buns maybeyou could send links such as the ones you provided for me in the pmthat are pictures of the breed or similar rabbits to give members thatwant to adopt an idea of how cute they are.
Don't worry about the quality of pictures, Send them to Haley and I betshe can do wonders with them. People just want to get an idea of whatthe bunnies look like, we all know you can't judge a book by it'scover. Each bunny has its own personality and I do have to say they arethe most unique, fun, loving and entertaining pets.
Pls feel free to pm Haley or Baci with any questions.
Are the bunnies in the same cage at this point or just allowed playtime together, I was confused by one of the earlier posts??
hang in there:)
baci:bunnydance:

They will actually be up in a few hours as I now have my internet back :) . Before 1am central time.

I still have errands to run beforeI get homeand Iam quickly typing on my parents computer. (its about 9 pm at the moment)

Ok they will be coming up in a few minutes :D

I just have to put them on the computer and resize them :cool:

Back