Forage tray?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra the great

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a precious havana rabbit named Bean. I've had him for 6 months now, and he is 11 months old. I try lots of different ways to stimulate him and keep him busy. I came across this idea saved on my computer that i had forgotten about. I also forgot where I found the photo but here it is:
Capturerabbitfod.JPG
I'd love to know which type of grass can be used for this type of foraging. I also thought it would be great for sprinkling dried forage as well. Let me know what you experienced bunny owners think about this

I could not find the example photo I used to have, but I would suggest that if you plant any grass for your rabbits in whatever container, that you first place a grid or grate about 1" above the level of the soil. That way the rabbits can eat down the grass without getting down to the roots and destroying the plant. This way it can continue to grow up through the grate.

Fresh grass should be treated like a new type of "green" so should be introduced slowly. You can do this by limiting their access to it. Just allow access for a short period of time, then take it away again. Do that each day, always checking for any change in poos.

While choosing what to plant, it doesn't have to be limited to just grass varieties, it could be basil or mint (both of which grow quickly) or even dandelions.

Latest posts

Back