For those with more than one bunny....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior_n_sweetpea

Reaction score
Do you have separate food bowls and litter boxesfor each bun? My buns are inseparable. I have two litter boxes in theircage (they share the same cage) but they both prefer one box over theother. I also only have one food bowl that I fill with pellets everymorning. They both seem to like to eat at the exact sametime. They usually munch for a bit in the morning and thenagain in the evening. But it is always side by side. Will they get moreterrirorial as they get older? Sometimes I swear they are literallyhooked together!

If they prefer going to the bathroom in separate spots, then keep 2 litter boxes, it makes it easier on you.

When my boys were still together, they had one food bowl and werehappy, they would only eat out of one at a time togetherwhenI put 2 dishes in. They may get territorial when older and then putting2 food dishes farther apart at feeding time may help to prevent thatsort of fighting and one from losing out on getting food at all onoccasion.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

I've seen theircondo. Your two buns are fine in my opinion. If they did want to take abreak from each other, they could each have their own floor with one inbetween for some time to chill out. Now if only I had the room for sucha lovely cage myself. :)

Yes, the cage does take up most of the room thatit is in.:pIt is just so funny that they have all this room(they run free most of the day too) yet they still insist on being"joined at the hip". If only my 3 sons got along this well all thetime! Sometimes I think they could be in separate countries and stillfight with eachother LOL!

I have two female baby rabbits together. They havethe same bowl, bottle and eat and drink together. Its cute to see themtake it in turns! I think if they are together from an early agethey'll be fine with each other when they are older.

Siobhan xXx

QTbunnies wrote:
Ihave two female baby rabbits together. They have the same bowl, bottleand eat and drink together. Its cute to see them take it in turns! Ithink if they are together from an early age they'll be fine with eachother when they are older.

Siobhan xXx
Not always, it's quite common for rabbits to start fighting as they getolder. Mocha and a little girl bunny I used to have lived together at ayoung age, at about 12 weeks they started fighting. My friends 2females lived together for a year from when they were 6 weeks old, andthen they started fighting. Mocha and Spice (both fixed) startedfighting to kill each other in January, I think it was over who gets toeat first and who gets what corner, it was territorial. Some pairs arefine, others can be bonded one day, and fight like no other the nextday, it's a risk you take with having more than one rabbit in a cage.

I have 3 girls, Gabrielle, Tessa andThumper who share a large cage together, they eat out of the same bowl,a large bowl, drink out of the same bottle, and have an 18 by 24 inchlitter box they share. they have lived together for 4 years.

I also have autumn and lilac who live together, they share a meduimsize cat litter box. they each have their own dish for food that andshare a water bottle. They are pretty much joined at thehip and always touching grooming etc, they have livedtogether for 3 years.

THat has pretty much been the differences, I did have a pair that theyeach had to have their own litter box, the only think one was possesiveover was her litter box.

Not always, it's quite common for rabbits to start fighting as they getolder. Mocha and a little girl bunny I used to have lived together at ayoung age, at about 12 weeks they started fighting. My friends 2females lived together for a year from when they were 6 weeks old, andthen they started fighting. Mocha and Spice (both fixed) startedfighting to kill each other in January, I think it was over who gets toeat first and who gets what corner, it was territorial. Some pairs arefine, others can be bonded one day, and fight like no other the nextday, it's a risk you take with having more than one rabbit in a cage.
I'll deffinately keep an eye on them then! :DI just presumedthat they'd always get on because of the way they are with each othernow! One wont come out without the other. I was my two that I wastalking about.

Siobhan xXx

I figured, but my boys were like that until they came to be about 9 months old and then all hell broke loose between them.

We have 2 Buns. 1 Male / 1Female They shareeverything (Like the Robert MunchStory) At night when they are in their cagetogether, Bugsy sleeps with his head across Roxysback. They are continually grooming eachother. Myhusband just shakeshis head," likemarriage, the novelty will wearoff and you'llbecome best friends". Whenever we look for one the other isalways very near by. Little lovebirds;).They still try to do the mating thing, But since they areboth "altered" "done" "fixed" "became its" "Neutered/spayed" "lost thejewels" they obviously just do it for fun. -- Kim

I too have 2 girls, who used to live togetheruntil about 2 months ago-when puberty snuck up on them. I had toseparate them but when they are out, which is whenever I am home theyare inseperable..I am hoping once they are spayed they can go back toliving together since it seems to be very hormonal and Jezebel getstired of the constant "attention" LOL and Jade will NOT tolerate any ofthat from Jezebel. Grooming each other, sharing a litter box, food andwater is still okay in their bunny books, they will hop back and forthfrom each others cages the whole time they are out!

Cher

Back