For those of you that want to stop smoking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
I just had to share this with you all. I have wanted to stop smoking for years. I have tried everything inc patches, inhalator, lozenges, chewing gum and so on, but nothing worked. I did stop for 18 months once but I craved for the whole 18 months then went back on them. :XWell, I went to see my doctor and he gave me the new drug Champix (Varenicline) You still smoke for the first 2 weeks when taking them but then stop smoking for your 3rd week. By the time I had been taking them for 9 days I couldn't smoke anymore. I would have been sick.
It's been 3 months now and I have never craved once. I feel as though I have never been a smoker. I am off the tablets now and I feel great. I will never go back to smoking again. Has anyone else quit with these tablets? Did you find it as easy?
I am recomending these to everyone. If I can do it, anyone can. :biggrin2:

Have you seen the reports about the severe nightmares that people have had?

I guess some of them have gotten up in their sleep and done stuff like beat people up.

Be careful if you start having really disturbing dreams. It's not unusual for you to have a odd dreams but these are more like night terrors.

Congrats on the quitting. I quit cold turkey *again* last year.

I quit when I was pregnant with my son and didn't smoke for 2 or 3 years. Then I picked them back up like an idiot. Quit again and didn't smoke for like 7 years...... and oh yeah, got mad at hubby - "I'll show him!" (yeah, I'll smoke and that's gonna do it - stupid!).... Smoked for about 4 or 5 years and quit.

You will always have cravings. They subside as time goes on. Just the other day I reached for a cigarette after a meal. That happens but it gets to be less and less as well.

Don't give into the cravings... it's too dangerous for your health and too expensive!

Well done babymaker!

My brother-in-law was prescribed these a couple of months ago. He stoped smoking after approx 20 years! He has started again for some odd reason, we're all tip toeing around him as he is still trying!

YES YES YES PLEASE don't give into cravings!

I'm studying tobe a speech-language pathologist and we just had a whole unit and guest speakers about total laryngectomies (having your trachea/vocal folds taken out) because of cancer due to smoking! it's VERY dangerous and life changing!!!!

unfortunately my little cousin (only 17!) has picked up this habit and i'm trying to break it by giving her awareness things like this!

just be aware!

Ihad the laser therapy and I haven't smoked in almost 2 years. I smoked for about 15 years. I have no desire to go back.

Yes I did have very strange dreams. Always seemed to be about my children killing people. :shock:The dreams are calming down now. They were very real though. I still feel it was worth the nightmares to give up. I know some people react badly to nightmares so you have to be careful.

I also quit caffeen at the same time as the fags. I used to dring up to 20 cups a day. I don't have any now and I can't believe how soundly I'm sleeping now.

I'm also on a healthy eating plan as I don't want to pile the weight on.

Latest posts

Back