For the Men on the Forum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
OK ladies to,

I was just wondering what made you decide to get Bunnies as a pet(member of the family). I just love seeing pictures of menwith these cute little furry animals.:bunnydance:

It was actually my husband that came home over 8 years ago asking me ifI wanted a cute little white bunny. To be honest I thought hewas completely MAD and told him so. It took about 5 weeks totalk me into it. He then brought me home Buttercup and therest is history 4 Bunnies Later.

Soooska

I was always the animal person in the family andmy ex talked me into getting Bud since the pet shop didn't have anyiguanas. I couldn't say no b/c friends of mine had a rabbit and it wasa blast and I really couldn't think of a reason to say no (I honestlytried to think of anything to say no lol)

Now i'm very happy that I went with rabbits =P

My hubby and I were at the petstore and wewanted to see this fuzzy beautiful cinnamon lop girl. Weweren't planning on getting a bun we just wanted toseeher. The girl handed her to me and she was a cuddle muffinthat fit in the palm of my hand, whenthe girlwentto pass her to Tony the bunn hauled off and kicked him so hard in theface he staggered back. I was in love! We named herButters and scooped her up and brought her home with us thatday!:D Since then Tony has been head over heels aboutbunns! He loves their funny little faces and the fact thatthey have an attitude that would rival a cats...but at the same timethey love you unconditionally! Each bunn has their very ownpersonality! What isn't to love about bunns???:D

When I asked my husband if we could get a rabbit, he said, "Sure, if you bring me a chocolate bar when you go out".

Four rabbits later, he's sorry he ever agreed to that.

I had to convince him to get a bunny, but nowhe'd do just about anything for those bunnies.He is a cleanfreak and lives with hay being tracked all over the house!

IMG_3783.jpg

I live in my sisters house and a couple ofsummers ago, my neice was home for the summer from college and decidedto get a Dutch rabbit from the local pet store. At the time I thoughtshe was totally nuts since the concept of a rabbit as a pet was fairlyoff the wall to me. Throughout that summer I got used to helping hertake care of the rabbit and when it came time for her to take it backto schoool with her, I really missed the little bugger. Since I wasused to helping take care of a rabbit, I decided to get one of my own.That was Stephie, who has since gone to the rainbow bridge. So I wentfrom thinking rabbits as a pet was totally crazy to now owning three ofthem!!

Me and Ziggy:

zig41.jpg

First let me say hello since this is my first post.

I ended up with my rabbit because the person who had him couldnt take care of him.

The funny part of it was that it was supposed to be a dwarf female and it turned out to be 6 lbs and male.

I wouldnt change him for the world though.

So since I've asked about men and Bunnies, here's one of Chris & Buttercup on his 7th Birthday last August 05.

Soooska:apollo:

Wow nice pictures you guys!!!

guys+bunnies=adorable! :D

cheryl

I've always loved bunnies and though it took methe better part of ten years to finally decide to have them as pets,I've never regretted having them.

Now, I have two delightful little does that I would do most anythingfor. They bring so much joy into my life that I can't imagine beingwithout them.

Blyre

My hubby James convinced me to get my firstbunny. He had rabbits as a kid, although they were outsideand most were breeder/meat rabbits. Mocha is his baby becausehe chose her and brought her home.

452g4yp.jpg

I love men with buns!

Here's one of Kevin falling asleep on the couch with Toby.

June8th2005001.jpg

I think he prefers them as babies. He can't resist baby rabbits, but who can?!

Neil was skeptical when we moved intogetherand I brought Misty along. He consideredher my pet until he got to know her. Now he loves her as muchas I do. And, it was his idea to get a second bun (Charlie)to keep her company. He said he wanted a bunny that loved himas much as Misty loves me, so he and Charlie are pretty inseperable.

Here's Neil with misty.

mistyandneil.JPG

these pics and stories are terrific - please keep 'em coming!

Latest posts

Back