Food storing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magick_mogwai

Reaction score
So I just discovered that Gandalf has been storing pieces of his veg under my house mates bed! He has a cage but I let him out a couple of times a day for an hour or more, usually just into the den and corridor but if anyone is in the bedroom the door is generally open so he has free reign. Lately he has taken to holding bits if food in his teeth and running around with them before sitting and eating them and it seems that he must have been taking them from where he found them in the den to the bedroom and hiding them between boxes under the bed.

Does anyone else have experience of this? I'm wondering if it could be linked to his recent digging of the sofa, and my leg, and maybe he thinks all the boxes are like a warren? He has a large shallow box for foraging that usually has hay and scrunched paper in it then I hide some veg there but he hasn't got a digging box yet. Is it maybe time for one?

You can try giving him a digging box. Your info reminds me of when I had ferrets they did stuff like that all the time.

Latest posts

Back