food help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack&hetty

Reaction score
okay big problem :(having got ourrabbits bonded and they are out together all day and night I havenoticed that Jack is looking thin and hetti is looking fat. Isuspect that she is pinching all the food. What can i doabout this that wont cause a split between the rabbits, sounds evil buti have just put hetti in the hutch and given jack some extra food whichhe wolfed down. They are both continously hungry they pounceon me when I go in in the morning...any suggestions?

I think I would separate them to feed them theirpellets at least. Then leave free hay for both in 2 areas sothey don't have to "share" a hay bin or whatever.

I've never really had a problem like that with any of mypets. They usually managed to share even if one was first toeat or they have their own bowls, etc.

yeah, they both have seperate food bowls andseperate hutches maybe i need to put there food bowls in thier hutchesand shut them in for breakfast? would this causea rift?

I don't think it would. I think theywould eat and realize they have their own, etc., and then play would bemuch less stressful for them.

Then you could also know for sure he's getting food and eating! Poor guy :(

yeah i think just let them play some and thenseperate them for a few to get water and food. you said hetti isgaining weight just be careful we dont want to see her becomeoverweight!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I don't think it would. I think they would eat andrealize they have their own, etc., and then play would be much lessstressful for them.

Then you could also know for sure he's getting food and eating! Poor guy :(

i dont know 4 sure but his coat and just him in general seems shabbyand thin and she seems to be blooming. she practically tripsme up for her brekkie and he sort of crawls in behind her.she pinches his veg but then he seems to leave it for her? is thisdominance at its worst?

My holland lops are like that the female hoggedall the food the male lost weight.I didnt realize he had lost weighttill i checked him for a show.bluebird

Yep, I would just make sure he has a separateplace to eat from her. If you want to help his fur and gethim back up weight wise, I think a few (like 1/4 tsp) rolled oats wouldbe a good thing with his food. They usually love them so itshould work :)

Bo actually boxes us like a kangaroo or something when we reach intohis cage for his dish if he's moody. It's usually when it'ssleep time or if the dish isn't empty that he's so nasty about it!:shock: It's not like he's starving or anything either! :?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Yep, I would just make sure he has a separate place to eatfrom her. If you want to help his fur and get him back upweight wise, I think a few (like 1/4 tsp) rolled oats would be a goodthing with his food. They usually love them so it should work:)

Bo actually boxes us like a kangaroo or something when we reach intohis cage for his dish if he's moody. It's usually when it'ssleep time or if the dish isn't empty that he's so nasty about it!:shock: It's not like he's starving or anything either! :?

silly question time...what are rolled oats, where would i get them from?

Got up this morning poured out two bowls of food made hetti chase hersto her hutch and shut her in and did the same with jack. ididnt let them out until he had had enough. its really hardif i give themtreats she fiishes hers and then tries to takehis from his mouth :(she's a moo :(

You have 2 names? or is there a mess up on the computers? lol.....

anyhow, rolled oats over there are like.... oatmeal? you get it and cook it with water.

I know we heard a different name for them for you. You don't have to cook it either, just give it to them dry.

It does sound like she's a little moo LOL!

He's probably like Bo. Bo leaves a few pellets here and therefor a snack later. He does the same with his "salad" at night.

I'll try to find what exactly the oats are called in the U.K. :)

hi bo b. I created black_jack when ibought jack and forgot all about the website. when we boughthetti I went online again and refound this site and had to create a newname and password... I have a work computer and a homecomputer I tried to log on at work to find I already had a username onhere so I have 2 rofl.

Jack leaves food and she eats what he leaves lol...and then he's leftto lick (literally seen it myself) the food bowls afterwoods is reallsad :?he's a lovely bun and she has her fun moments xx

Oh well good! I'm glad you are here then.

Did you understand what the oats are? I cannot find what you call them over there. :?

Latest posts

Back