food HELP ME !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieBunnie247

Reaction score
im going a way for 2 weeks with know one to care for my rabbit ( she is part of my heart ) and im plaining on leave 2 bails of hay 14 water bottles but when it comes to food she gets feed a 5pm daily and eats it all if i give her loads she will eat it all ! how do i change this ???:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Sorry, but leaving a rabbit for a weekend is the maximum. You must make other arrangements. The water would be stale by the end of 2 weeks, for one thing. She'd be in really bad shape when you returned & you'd almost surely have to rush her to the vets.

Is there nobody you can call to take care of her? Just search the internet for pet sitters in your area. 2 weeks is a long time, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

Theres no one all my friends dont like rabbits or are going away i dont want to loss my baby im think of getting someone to pop in and check on her every 3 days and leaving the vets and my number and then freash hay and water every 3 days would that be ok ? :?

Yes, every three days would be better than leaving her alone for two weeks. Obviously, every day would be ideal, but if every three days is the best you can do, I would say do that.

Any neighbors around? Offer a bit of money if nothing else. Find a teenager who likes animals and wouldn't mind looking after the rabbit. Shouldn't be too expensive.

2 weeks really is too long to leave a rabbit without any care. Water bottles can leak, food will get eaten, she could pee on the food or hay, the cage will be filthy. Since rabbits can do down hill fast, so you could come home to a very sick or even dead rabbit.

Try to find someone who knows rabbits to take care of her. A local breeder club, rescue or even a rabbit hopping club might know someone who can care for her. Even someone checking on her once a day or taking her to someones house would be better than leaving her for 2 weeks. Even a local kid can be good.
There are some places that will board rabbits. Your vet might be able to do it too. These places can be a bit expensive, but usually provide good care.

I think you need to either find someone to come in or bord her at the vet's.

My parrents convinced me when I was a kid that my guiney pigs would be fine when we went away for a week on vacation. We left extra food and water. It got really hot while we were away and one of them tipped the large water dish over. One ended up with wet tail and died shortly after we got back. The other was dead when we got home. There was still food and water in their cage.

Please do not leave your bun alone for two weeks. Crazy things can happen. If there's no one there to notice health changed the consequences can be horrible.

Back