Food and potty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
my buns are adjusting to there new diet here at my house and cami did very well but my new flemish spice is not fairing as well.. she is only 3 mos old, and has extra cecal poos and soft pellets.... she is getting the hang of the litter box, but the runny poo is all over my floor i am scrubbing the floor 2-3 times a day!

this is the food i feed, and they get unlimitd timothy hay and eat about..... a bag able a week between the two of them and about 1.5 cups of pellets togeather a day.. and i do greens normally but im scared to with the soft poo...

any ideas..

this is the food i feed, and a pic of a soft poo, it doesnt look like other cecal poos i have seen, it is more like a dog poo log... sorry.

bunhey1.jpg

bunhey.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

poosmudge.jpg

any ideas appreciated..

thank you..

I would first suggest switching to a pellet feedthat is lower in protien....maybe even switching from alfalfa pellets to timothy pellets.
A limited amount of pellets based on body weightmay also be needed.

i think im gonna try to limit pellets and try to do more hay and veg... or would that make it worse....

flemish that is 3mos old.. about 9 lbs.... eating 3/4 cup of pellets, and enought hay to fill a gallon jug tight... i think that is the only way to descirbe the hay LOL

and cami is 1-2 years, and eats about 3/4 to 1 cup per day, and about the same amount of hay....

i havnt ventured into vegies yet with spice cause im scared it would make things worse.

I had the same problem with my bun. If you look at your ingridients, it says 'dehydrated alfalfa meal.' The problem went away when I changed their food to Timothy based pellets.

Remember, when you change their food, you have to do it slowly. Mix 2/3 old food to 1/3 new food.

Back