Foo Foos was in the hospital again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
Foo Foo was acting strange, not coming to me,just staying in her house, no eating, drinking or pooping. TheVetkept her for three nights. They hydrated her andtook X-Ray's. The vet said she had GI Statiss? Idon't know too much about this and speaking to the Vet is uncomfortablebecause they stronging believe that Rabbits should not liveoutside. Even though I explain to the Vet and her staff thatmy husband is very allergic and that all three of my Rabbits live inindividual nice big hutches and have a 10 x 10 play pen for dailyexercise. Anyway, I feel dumb because my Rabbit was sick, Ipaid $550 and I don't really know about this GI Statiss. Cananyone provide me with information on this? Thank you all forletting me vent!

im so sorry! all i know isthat it has to do with their gastrointestinal tract. maybe that its notworking properly? im sure someone else can explain itbetter.

GI stasis is a general term for a sluggish gutdue to any number of causes including but not limited to genetic,viral, diet, parasites or being overweight.

Pam

Hi FooFoosMom1

No need to feel dumb.

Sounds ludicrous to me that the vet says the rabbit shouldn't be keptoutside. There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping rabbits outsideas long as you're able to protect it from the elements of the weatheras well as keep an eye out for parasites, flies, ants, predators, etc.

Keeping you and FooFoo in thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

Thank you batbunny, Buck Jones, pamnock, Carolyn,Jessica Rabbit and pamela227 for your advice and good wishes.Foo Foo seems to be doing so much better. She's is poopingso, so, so much and it's solid thank goodness. She isdrinking more water than normal and eating like a savage!!!She's fiesty again. The first two days home, she could notget enough of me. Always follwing me around (under foot) andletting me pet her and even WIPE HER DIRTY BUTT! She doesn'tgroom herself well at all (she's overweight). But anyway, nowshe doesn't want to know me. I let her out of the pen to runthe full yard and she lays out on the concrete like the queen that sheis...(she does this to irritate my other bunnies who are in theirhutches) and when I approach her she runs away a few feet and lays downagain.....as though I'm not worthy of petting her. Then shelike teases me, when I call her to come to me...she'll run really fasttoward me AND THEN RIGHT PAST ME! I honestly believe she'sbeing spiteful about something. All I want is some bunnylove.....you know? My husband laughs because it's alot ofwork taking care of the three of them, making sure everything is veryclean, to try and keep the flyies away and Foo Foo only lets me pet herwhen she's in the mood!Typical woman, right? Andone other thing.....yesterday she was gathering piles of grass and gotahold of some newspaper and was running down in this tunnel that sheand the other bunnies have dug. I know for a fact that she'snot pregnant, because I only have girls, but I think this type ofbehavior is something that a pregnant bun would do.....right?Anyway, thanks again for listening. It is so nice to havethis forum, I learn so much from all of you.

She sounds adorable and full-spirited,FooFoosMom. Could be that the little one is experiencing afalse pregnancy with all the work she's doing to build anest.

Funny how they give the one's who take the best care of them the biggest attitude.

We're all very happy to have you here. Glad you likeit. Keep us posted on how things progress with The Queen.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back