Followup~Shades still won't eat after molar extraction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
A bit concern because Shades still won't eat anything since our trip to the vet on Friday. She normally bouce right back everytime she has a dental procedure done.

The vet removed an infected molar. She's on Duopen and Buprinex. He didn't feel any blockage and said she didn't have any statis. Her temperature was fine though he originally thought she had a fever.

I'm sure she's still stressed from the fight with her sister who bit part of her ear off on Thur.

She is drinking pedialyte from a syringe and peed and pooped a little last nite. The last time she had any CC was Friday morning before the vet visit. I've been trying to feed her and she just fights me. Should I still try to force her? I'm afraid to stress her anymore. Most of the day she'll sit in a loaf position probably from being drugged from the buprinex but after drinking water, she'll stretch out.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
She might not be eating due the Beprenex, has she ever had it before? One of the side affects is drowsiness.

Yes~ she's had it before. I even waited this morning to give her a dose after I tried feeding her. She'll take the pedialyte via syringe no problem but turn her head witht the CC. I was able to squeeze some into her mouth. Not sure if her mouth is still sensitive.

Is it safe to give her gas med (simethicone) as a precaution with the other drugs?

Latest posts

Back