Follow up on new rabbit owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitwuv

Reaction score
I am curious as to how our new rabbit owners aredoing? Are you enjoying the experience? Do you haveany stories you would like to share?

Wabbitwuv

Well I'm a new rabbit owner compared to some! Just less then a year, and I still love it and them!

lol I have a story, just what silly little Mocha did today. I went toput his bow on him, and then I let him run around in the run. He wastrying despritely to grab the collar and rip it off, and wasunsuccessful but kept trying, he decided that perhaps it would beeasier for him to get it off if he stood on his hind legs. Then he gotso far back that he fell off balance and fell completely backwards anddidn't know what to do, it was hilarious, that's my little baby!

I know this might not be the stories you were referring to, but I just HAD to share it. Again I wish I had a camera with me.

Laura

M&Smom,

That's a great story! I'm fairly new too, we've only had oursa little over a year now. Do your two rabbits ever fight orchase each other?

Wabbitwuv

They fought so badly that we had to seperate themfor good back in January. They would have killed each other. And plus,they are much friendlier with me when they have no buddy with them,they bond with you better.

Welcome Wabbitwuv,

Every day I feel like a new rabbit owner. There's so much to learn; so much I don't know.

I don't think I've passed that stage of checking on Tucker morning, noon, and night to make sure he's okay.

It's a pleasure to have you here. :)

Are you enjoying the experience of having a pet rabbit? M&SMomdidn't tell you, but she's working on making a diaper for rabbits.Would that make it even more pleasurable for you? It sure would for me!

I go through the mantra when I'm scoopin poops, "A poopin bunny is a healthy bunny; A poopin bunny is a healthy bunny..."

-Carolyn

I still feel like a new owner, even though Oreo is4yrs now! I check up on her alll the time too! The past few nightsshe's been giving me kisses, but I gave her a new toy that she REALLYloves! So now when I check on her, she is sooo preoccupied with her toyshe doesn't pay much attention to me lol I feel soneglected!:shock:But as long as she is happy &healthy, that's all that matters!

As Carolyn said "A poopin bunny is a healthy bunny" & I can'ttell you how happy I was to see those poops again! (after Oreo finallygot rid of her hairball) lol I've never been so relieved &happy to clean them up! :D

~pam

Hehe.. guess this post would kinda be aimed atmyself for one. I've had Pigeon and Tramp for just over a month now andother than the money it's going to cost me to fix them both (OUCH!) andfor the deluxe bunny condo I splurged on (worth every penny imho) I amLOVING being a bunny mom. Much more so than I ever thought I would.Pigeon is the best, she jumps on her cage every time I come in the roomas if to say HI! I know right now she's mostly just looking for treats,which I am trying to limit until she has gained some weight, but itstill warms my heart to see her little bunny feet up on the cagewatching me! Tramp is going to take a little more time to come aroundbut he has been more skittish in general from day one. I am hoping hissurgery today will also help that. I know I had a friend at my workback in FL that had a bunny and I used to think it was odd that shejust let it run around the house and stuff like a cat.... now I findmyself wondering how long it will be before I can give my little onesfull run of at least a room without having to terrorize them bycatching them to put them back in the cage! Anyhow... long story short,I LOVE my buns!

Cheryl

Well I've had rabbits before, but since we've only had Henry for a week, I suppose I'm a newbie too.

He gets the full run of the downstairs, he's now marked every piece offurniture and book within his reach and doesn't chew much which I'mpleased about. Yesterday he was out running round the livingroom when I was studying when he climbed up onto a pile of Gamecubegames, the slippy surface made him slide off and he landed on thelaminate flooring and slid even more (I feel so sorry for him coz he'sgot no traction on it) anyways that gave him a fright, so he ran behindthe tv then lept 3 ft up the wall... no idea why!... he landed thenperiscoped and fell over backwards! LOL All this in about aminute! His blood pressure must've been through the roof!

He's really taking on with his training now... a firm "No" usuallystops him, if not, a hand between him and the item stops him, he'sbeginning to return to his hutch when he's tired/hungry/pooing insteadof us trying to catch him to get him back in and he doesn't likecarrots and hardly eats his treats! Weird!

im new too & i loooove it.everyday he finds some crazy way to make me laugh/smile/whatever. hesthe sweetest little bunny anyone could ask for-but i think that hethinks hes a puppy. he acts like one, licking & begging& whatnot. hes wonderful.

My boyfriend Ben got me Buster a month ago yesterday. :) He is the BestPet I have ever had!! So loving and sweet and funny. He has been sicksince I got him but hopefully will be getting better with his newmedicines. I hate to think what would have happened to him if we didn'tget him.

My boyfriend is not home most of the time He works as a Air craftinspector and has to travel fortwo weeks and is home oneweek. Buster and I keep each other company when he is gone. Busterreally misses Him though. Ben usually lets Buster out to play while Iam at work than he gets to come out again when I get home. So lots andlots of fun play time. It was so lonely before we got Buster.

Being in rabbit rescue I have new babies coming inoften. I love each rabbit I get as they are all so different and readyto teach you something new. Some are sick and abused as we learn somuch on care and see problems. I like to read to my buns when theyfirst come in. A beautiful dwarf rex came in this week. He was left ata hospital in a box. He is now neutered and I rocked him the firstnight he came from the vet. He now wants me to rock him eachnight. The vet says he is 3-4 months. He was so scared butnow he is coming up to me and demanding his share of love and attention

Athena and Apollo have been here for almost a month now. I love them both immensely. They have both adjusted really well.

I posted this story yesterday as a question. Apollo will run up to thewall. Sit facing the wall and Say"Maa". Then he nudges the wall. Myhusband came home from work today and asked how I got Apollo to sit fora time out lol.

Athena is still shy and reserved. But everyday she getsbetter and better. She actually came up to me today and scent markedme. I was so touched. I'm always checking on them. They are both ALOTof fun

Tina

Back