Flynn's FHO

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Flynn's incision seems less red and irritated since we've started giving her the Metacam so I do think it's helping, thank goodness.

Flynn's been very good about her physio, I think she actually enjoys it, I've caught her streching her leg out on her own as well, so it definitely seems like she's well on the road to recovery!

I think the photos are going to have a few more days before out vet send them, I found out today that she is one of the volunteer vets who is spaying and nuetering the Canmore bunnies that are coming in, so she's been extremely busy.

Just took Flynn out for a physio session and I'm pretty happy to report that while we let her hop a bit after her session, she was actually using that leg quite a bit, using it to hop and scratch her ear. I got some vids so I'll post them when they upload, but they weren't very good because she kept coming over the to camera lens!

Thanks so much for the update on Flynn. So glad to hear the incision is looking better and definitely glad to hear Flynn using that leg on her own.

One day at a time. Look forward to seeing the videos. Especially the sweet face up close. Bunnies never cooperate. lol

K :)

Mom was editing the video last night since there was a lot of wasted space, I didn't realise until this morning that she took out the camera nose bonks :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3LWm3coYWQ[/ame]

I've been looking into other "natural healing" methods to help speed things along and keep it all going smooth, but I really haven't found anything. I know for Peace, when his tissue was dying around his hock where his abcess was removed, the vet recommended pure honey as a final try as she was worried the tissue there would no longer be viable, and low and behold a few days later it was almost good as new, it was amazing. It's too bad we can't use it on Flynn, that would at least heal the external traumas.

Anybody have any tips? She's been getting tons of Cilantro, that's for sure!

Glad to see Flynn hopping around some more! [Sorry, no tips. Chamomile? Willow leaves? Can't think of anything to help with the healing process.]

Hmm, I don't think I can put anything directly on her incision (The vet said that her incision can not get wet, no matter what. That's why we had to take her water bowl out and replace it with a bottle, she has a habit of laying in it), so I don't think putting cilantro on the wound would be an option, but that is an interesting idea.

Alma, that's what we used for Peace as well :) It's amazing how well it works.

Marisa, I don't think Flynn even KNOWS she's had one, let alone a major one, little turkey is as active as ever.

We let her out last night after physio and we had her first attempt to popcorn, so we put her back. She's moved around but not attempted to popcorn so it's nice to see she's happy.

I just got the pics of the surgery, so a warning, they are a bit graphic!

These first few were on the cadavers that she practiced on before Flynn, so she could show us what it looked like without worrying about a living patient. It shows just how far down through the muscle you have to go to get to the joint, and imagine, this is WITHOUT the swelling.

408917_3188620910911_1127468202_33172823_1602598421_n.jpg

402051_3188616870810_426209143_n.jpg

And these are of Flynn's surgery,

422801_3188609150617_1062242762_n.jpg

394135_3188608790608_1127468202_33172815_1835024059_n.jpg

432253_3188608430599_1127468202_33172814_1352719213_n.jpg

Since it was her first time, they were focused on getting the joint out during the removal rather then taking pics, so she didn't get any then.

I just watched the video and can not believe that rabbit had surgery like it's shown in the pics. If it wasn't for the shaved butt, you would never know.

Flynn is just amazing. So thrilled for her. Hoping this excellent recovery continues.

Thanks so much for the update. Flynn is well known now in our household and we are wishing her all the best!

K :)

Haha no, no cilantro on the wound :p Tea tree oil :p
or putting tea tree oil on the cilantro for her to eat :p
Tea tree oil is supposed to have some amazing anti bacterial/healing properties to it. Maybe a few drops in her water bottle?
Probably just disolving sutures, which can get wet to a certain extent, they actually take well over 2 months to fully disolve inside the animal so a little dab of something on them wont harm the sutures.

Karen, I'm shocked at how amazing Flynn has been. I was taking a real close look at her incision today and can't believe how much better it looks already, and I can see the beginning of hair starting to grow back as well, I thinks it's astounding. Even the vet is complimenting Flynn on what a pleasure she's been to work with :)

Watermelons, that makes more sense :p I was wondering about putting cilatro on the wound, thought it sounded a little odd.

Sas, I'd love to hear why it's bad, can't have too much knowledge!

Quick Flynn update, she's doing fantastic! Her incision looks like it will be healed closed in a few days and her spunk is never ending.

We spent quite a while last night giving her a bunny massage and she looked like she just loved it.

419547_3200427366065_1127468202_33177948_1375640179_n.jpg

We pushed back her post op check up since we're having to bring Babbitty in for his ear canal abscess now, so they'll both be going in on Monday.

Flynn looks so smug!

This may or may not be too late, but mint leaves may help with the swelling. It's a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory herb. Just ground up mint leaves and apply topically. It should also help with itching.

Latest posts

Back