Fluff in waterer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
We just got Tippy a waterer (one of those things that looks like the little water jugs turned upside down in a bowl) and she loves it. I love it too, but there's only one problem. She's a mini rex. She sheds...a lot.
Especially right now, when she's molting, the waterer becomes quite...fluffy.

Is there something I can do to keep the fluff out of the bowl part of the water? I swig my finger in there every day or so and try to catch the fluff, but I feel like there has to be something more effective/less of a tease of her. She sits there and goes "ooh, there's something going on with the water! Mom's playing in it...I should too!" and I end up with bunny paws and a splashing nose while I'm trying to fluff remove.

Any ideas?

Not really. You can try and keep her groomed to minimize flying hair. You could also try to get her used to drinking from a water bottle. Then you could use that during the shedding season. Otherwise, just keep cleaning out the hair, I guess ;)

Yeah she had a bottle but we are moving and decided to switch her to a bowl so we could go totally cageless. She loves the bowl, but she's just so durn fluffy!!! I lint roll her and brush her every day but she still fluffs everywhere. oh well, I guess fluff in the water bowl isn't the end of the world!

Back