FLU URGENT Need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anaotilia

Reaction score
One of my rabbits (lost about 2 days ago) went back to the house after 2 days of heavy rain and wind (tropical storm), completely dirty, wet and with mucus in the nostrils. It is a male of about 5 years. He dosn't want to eat now.
So we gave immediately to him a shot of streptoten 20/25 (penicilina procainica e estreptomicina) of about 0,30 cc. and by mouth 1 cc de cloramfenicol suspension.
We gave him too some critical care food and mineral salts (hydrolitic solution) by mouth
but It seems he didn't want.
Now He has the look of one who knows he will die.
What more can I do (maybe a intramuscular solution) ?

It has a very small worm too, from the anus, so we give him a treatment for it.

Please give me some more suggestions if posssible.
Thanks in advance.
Anaotilia

It sounds like you may have done all you can. If you have access to a decent vet, putting your bun on oxygen would help. Sub q injection of IV fluids may help or if the vet knows how to do an IV on a rabbit, that would be better. And if you have pain medication like meloxicam, that may be helpful. It's possible he has pneumonia, so you will want to keep up with the antibiotics, and hopefully in a couple days there will be improvement. You will want to make sure to keep him warm and dry too, and keep trying to feed him.

Here is some dosage info for medications.
http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/List_Vols/Lagomorphs/List_Lagomorph_Drugs.htm

Latest posts

Back