Flower's story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
So, since Flower's story keeps changing andthings keep happening with him/her (I'm getting a feeling that Floweris a boy), I thought I would start a little blog about how things aregoing with him! :)

Now, don't get too excited, guys...I don't have pictures yet...but theywill be on here AS SOON AS they're developed! :D

So, first what I'll do is post the links to my other threads about him,for those of you that haven't read the sweetie's story.

Thread #1 (the day we rescued him):
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13337&forum_id=1

Thread #2 (an update):
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13357&forum_id=1

Thread #3 (skittish post):
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13391&forum_id=1

So, more updates:

- I showed Flower to Maisie the other day (Maisie in her cage, andFlower in his carrier...about an inch between the bars). Theyboth got so excited! It was adorable seeing Maisie so excitedagain. I think it was for both of them the excitement ofseeing another bun. Maisie wasn't acting agressive...justplain excited. :D I'm starting to consider havingFlower's new cage on the floor near Maisie's (obviously with enoughroom so there aren't problems with them fighting, or anything...and ifI see Maisie's just getting too agressive for it, I'll put Flower'scage on top of Maisie's instead like I originally planned).

- I didn't have the time today to let Flower out, but I think I'll keepit to just every other day, given how scary it was for him yesterday.

- I can see Flower is gaining just a bit of weight...it's thatgrowing bunny thing. Leave the house, come back a couplehours later, and you swear your bun's an inch longer. Lol...

- He's doing just fine thus far eating the pellet food. Ionly give him about a tablespoon and a half daily, and will increase itin a few days if things continue going well.

- As far as general skittishness, I keep a fan on so every little sounddoesn't sound so big to him anymore. I started noticing himjumping back from the front of his carrier when I would type, so Ithought some white noise would help...and it certainly has.Poor dear...I hope he relaxes more soon!

That's about it for now! I'll be sure to continue Flower's story as it develops!

I will start a different blog for Maisie soon...including pictures! :)

Tomorrow's cage building day! YAY!!

Oh, something I forgot to mention...later on in the day after lettinghim out, he was doing binkies in his temp carrier/cage!!First time I've seen him do any...and it was SO PRECIOUS!!!

Here's picture of the carrier he's in, to give you an idea of hissize...in relation to Maisie being in the picture with it. Hecan lay length-wise against the back part of the carrier without havingto scrunch up, and was able to freely do those binkies. MyFlower's so TINY!

This is Maisie at about nine weeks of age, and the carrier isn'tTOTALLY in the picture, but I think you can get the idea of it's sizepretty well...it's 19"L x 12.56"W x 10"H, according to their site.

zj8j5y.jpg

Well, we're building Flower's cage today, andI thought we'd snap some when it's finished, so we can include it inthe myriad of pictures. :)

We'll also be sure to include more of his sister, Maisie! :)

Flower's gonna have such a fun day exploring his new cage!! :bunnydance:

Charliesangel888 wrote:
So when can we see pictures?!?!?! :colors:

Yay! I hhope the cage building goes good! Goodidea having the two bunnies near each other. If all goes well, they cangive each other company and Flower might find a comfort with anotherbunny :). Just keep a close eye on them for any problems. Is Flowergetting alfalfa hay? This really helps to gain wait with the caloriesand protien :).

It's killing me waiting for the pictures of Flower! I WANT THEM NOW! :D

:tantrum:

Oh yes...Flower eats a ton of both Timothy andalfalfa hay everyday. He has a little bit that he's strewnthroughout the floor, but not much compared to how much he eatseveryday. He literally goes through about 3.5 handfulsdaily! (And I give him another couple handfuls before I go tobed!) He's already getting some meat on his bones, which isso nice to feel when I pet him! He's also now on unlimitedalfalfa pellets, and I've been giving him a few sprigs of parsley andromaine lettuce every night. Believe me, the little guy'sgetting plenty of what he needs. :)

I can't wait for the pictures, either, BELIEVE ME!! :D I'm so excited!

Ok, gotta get back to building the cage now! :)

How is the cage coming along? :)

When I got Pebbles she was quit small and thin, but my cousin said it'snormal with the large litters (including her, there were 7) but inabout a week of being the only rabbit and lots of hay she has quite thechubs on her :). I know! Pebbles goes through like 3x the amount Pepsieats in a few hours! It's insane!

I bet he thinks he's just in heaven with all the attention frommommyand yummy food :). What a darling! I can alraedy picturehe's as cute as a button with otu a picture ;).

Lol...yes, he's very sweet and VERYcute. We really think Flower's a boy because he challengedour boy kitty, Hobbes, a bit tonight...and Maisie has been just excitedas all get-go to have him here. He didn't lunge at Hobbes,just was running around to get him interested and I don't know how toexplain it, other than the fact that Flower challenged him but in a funway. It was really cute seeing this little bunny that wasabout a tenth of our Hobbes' size thinking he was toughstuff. :D

Well, we're finally finished with Flower's cage, and he's just binkyingaround and running in circles like CRAZY!! He's so excited,he hasn't stopped much to eat! :)

We did some things to Maisie's cage too, like we put a better floor init, and put mesh around her and Flower's cages. Now thekitties can't put their paws in and bother them!YAY! :)

I'll write more about it tomorrow...I'm pretty sleepy and just wantedto respond a bit to things people have replied with. Ipromise to take pictures tomorrow and get them developed on a CD withinthe week. :)

Yes, I used it on all the floors, and it'sGREAT!! We put it rough-side-up and bare (without rugs overit) on the second and third levels in the cage, and on the bottom floorI put linoleum tiles on top of the pegboard, and put rugs on top ofthat, so it would be easy to sweep out future messes.

We did this for Maisie's cage yesterday, too. Boy, she neededit!! I think we literally cleaned out about a half of abale's worth of hay from the bottom of Maisie's cage!! It wasall clean (not peed on), just messy as heck!! It looked likeshe was using it to build a nest, or something along those lines...itwas cute, but I just couldn't allow it to continue building.It took a LONG time to get it all out!

She seems to be relieved to have it gone, too. SILLY WABBIT!! :bunnydance:

As far as Flower's cage...it turned out GREAT...and he's sohappy!! He's been binkying around off and on allday! He's even been hopping sideways in glee! It'sso cute to see the little guy bouncing around!

Maisie's having so much fun watching him, too. We finallydecided just to put both cages on the floor (they have over a footin-between), and they LOVE seeing each other. It's adorablehow excited they are with each other! :) I can'twait to let Maisie out (or Flower) and see how they react with eachother through the bars. :) I'll post theresults! :)

My happy bunnies...:bunnydance::bunnydance:

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Did you use peg boardon the floors? I am DYIN to see pics!:colors::colors::colors:

maherwoman wrote:
Yes, I used it on all the floors, and it'sGREAT!! We put it rough-side-up and bare (without rugs overit) on the second and third levels in the cage, and on the bottom floorI put linoleum tiles on top of the pegboard, and put rugs on top ofthat, so it would be easy to sweep out future messes.

We did this for Maisie's cage yesterday, too. Boy, she neededit!! I think we literally cleaned out about a half of abale's worth of hay from the bottom of Maisie's cage!! It wasall clean (not peed on), just messy as heck!! It looked likeshe was using it to build a nest, or something along those lines...itwas cute, but I just couldn't allow it to continue building.It took a LONG time to get it all out!

She seems to be relieved to have it gone, too. SILLY WABBIT!! :bunnydance:

As far as Flower's cage...it turned out GREAT...and he's sohappy!! He's been binkying around off and on allday! He's even been hopping sideways in glee! It'sso cute to see the little guy bouncing around!

Maisie's having so much fun watching him, too. We finallydecided just to put both cages on the floor (they have over a footin-between), and they LOVE seeing each other. It's adorablehow excited they are with each other! :) I can'twait to let Maisie out (or Flower) and see how they react with eachother through the bars. :) I'll post theresults! :)

My happy bunnies...:bunnydance::bunnydance:

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Did you use peg boardon the floors? I am DYIN to see pics!:colors::colors::colors:
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am so glad itworked out good! It seems Flower is really "blossoming" in his newhome. I don't know how you handle all the cuteness! Sometimes Trix isjust too cute for me to bear and it's so hard not to pick her up andcuddle her like a little teddy bear (imagine the INDIGNITY!) lolol
Can't wait to see those pics! :)

I know what you mean...add the two kitties wehave to the picture, and I just die from all the cutenesssometimes. Not to mention now our girl kitty, Sunny, is a bitjealous of Maisie, and Maisie is a bit jealous of Flower. Soif I go over and pet Flower, Maisie gets all "PET ME!! PET ME!!"excited, so I'll go over and pet Maisie, and within MOMENTS, Sunnycomes over acting the same way!! So I end the whole thingpetting Sunny. Hobbes (our other kitty, a boy) doesn't care awhit, really. He's a total lap cat, so when I'm sitting, he'ssitting on me. He knows he gets enough attention. :)

TrixieRabbit wrote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am soglad it worked out good! It seems Flower is really "blossoming" in hisnew home. I don't know how you handle all the cuteness! Sometimes Trixis just too cute for me to bear and it's so hard not to pick her up andcuddle her like a little teddy bear (imagine the INDIGNITY!) lolol
Can't wait to see those pics! :)

Something new...

I decided to try to pick up little Flower today. I hadn't hadthe courage to try until now because I was afraid to hurt his littlehind legs. I figured, though, since Maisie really loved itwhen she was younger, and it always helped her to relax and she alwaysseemed to feel more secure afterward, it might help him adjust tohaving me as his mama now.

Little Flower was so relaxed and just LOVED it. It lookedlike he was almost asleep, at one point! I stood there,rocking slowly back and forth on my feet (natural inclination sincehaving a baby six years ago...my daughter would love it if I couldstill hold her that way...lol), basically cooing to him the wholetime. Sweet Flower is such a joy...and when I put him backinto his cage, he hopped around for just a second, and laid down andknocked out for just a few minutes. :)

I love my sweet little man...he's just wonderful. It was sowonderful to see him so relaxed and content. I loved lookingdown and seeing his sweet little face. It's been a whilesince Maisie let me pick her up, so it was so nice to hold a bunagain. :)

The funny part of it all...right in the middle of holding him andpetting him, Maisie thumped really loud, just once, and I knew it wasbecause she was jealous. Lol...sweet Maisie...like she has toworry about my giving her love! :)

Oh man, he's so FLUFFY...I'm gonna have to post something in therabbitry section of the forums asking what breeds are this fluffy whenthey're his age. I'm interested to know what to possiblyexpect him to look like. :)

Anyway, what a beautiful development...and how wonderful to hold mylittle baby. It's so nice to feel more and more meat developon his little bony self. :)

I love my babies SO MUCH!! :D:bunnydance:

It sure did...and he's so SOFT!! You can barely feel him when you pet him!! :D

I sure love my babies...they're so wonderful!!:D

Laura wrote:
Aw, how sweet!

I know that must have just melted your heart! What a love!

Laura

We got our big bag of 1000 zip ties at Fry'sElectronics for around $20. :) If you don't have aFry's in your neck of the woods, let me know. :)

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on my bunnies. :)

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
you sure got some cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute buns there.

Hey just a bit off topic. where in the world did you find big bags of zip ties/cable ties.

Flower had SO MUCH FUN tonight. We lether out for about two hours tonight, and she has so muchfun!! She even got to the point of doing Dead BunnyFlops. :)

We hadn't let her out yet, because she just wasn't comfortable beingout, but tonight, she was my little brave girl!! :D

She even chinned me three times!! It was so cute...and such an honor!! :bunnydance:

We did our usual opening-of-the-cage for Maisie, too, but she onlywanted to come out for like ten minutes, then went into her upstairspart of her cage and fell asleep. :(

But all in all, we had a fun night! :):bunnydance:

Back