Flopsy's Gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
Flopsy was put to sleep at 9:00 today.I've been crying all day long. A couple of weeks ago my momwas bringing him out to the hutch and he jumped out of the bucket hewas in and hurt his leg. On wednesday the 12th: He keptdragging his left leg and his left side of his face looked like he hada stroke, kinda like head tilt, but not. My mom brought him to the vetThurs and he said he slipped a disk. He also told us to put him in asmaller cage so that his movement was restricted and it looked like hewould recover. He was also on two kinds of medication. Hesbeen all alert and eatting, he seemed normal.

I didn't get to check on him Fri cause I had a track meet but yesturdayhe didn't look to good, so I sat on a porch swing with him for to hoursand we both feel asleep. Then after I put him into back intothe little cage he tripped and he flipped onto his back and twistedfunny, his stomach was gurgling bad. After that we tried toget a hole of the vet, but since it was Saturday no one was there. :(Then later I went to check on him and he was trying to get to his waterbut he couldn't lift his head to get it, so I lowered it for him :( andhe drank it. Then I set it back up and he was fineagain. This morning my mom came into my room and told me thatshe didn't think Flopsy was going to make it. I randownstairs and he was flopped on his side. When he saw me he tried toget up but his legs wouldn't work. So he just lifted hishead. His stomach was gurgaling and I kept trying to get himto drink water with a eye dropper and frist he would drink it buteventally he just stopped trying to swallow and it came back out of hismouth, he kept trying to get up and couldn't so I told my mom to puthim down. I couldn't see my baby suffer. We calleda vet clinic thats open on holidays and weekends and nights. Theydidn't do rabbits, so he couldn't be saved, but they would put himdown. We brought Fluffy in to see him one last time andFlopsy tried to get up.

He laid in my lap the entire car ride and kept stroking him how heliked it. When we got there my family went inside and I satdown on a bench they had outside and told him about the day I first gothim and how much I loved him, and how much he would like the rainbowbridge. Then I brought him inside and I stayed with him when they puthim down. They try to find a good vein, but he was sodehydrated when they tried his back leg he jerked because it hurt andit didn't work. Then they did his front right leg and I keptstroking him and I told him I loved him and that I couldn't wait to seehim again and then goodbye your my best friend Flops... he looked at meand then his chest stopped rising and falling and I knew he wasgone. I stayed in that room 30mins after he took his lastbreath stroking him talking to him. I whispered "no moremalcusion, no more matts, no more pain. Just meadows andclouds, hurdles. We will meet again someday"

My family walked into the room and my mom asked me when they were goingto put him down and I was like he's dead. And they all cried with me.Then one of the employes told me I had to leave cause they needed theroom :( So I kissed him one last time and we left. He was left on hisside and I stood his right ear up just how it was when I first sawhim. I decided to get him cremated and that Iwanted his ashes back. I really really am hoping that I gethis ashes, cuase the thought of him being mixed with others justjust... well ok

Sorry for all of the errors I just don't feel like checking over them.

I miss my baby so much and I know that I will never have a rabbit likehim. Good bye now thanks for reading. My heart hurts so bad. I've neverloved anything as much as him.

-Ashley & Flopsy :bunnyangel:& Fluffy

If you're going to reply please reply at

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8196&forum_id=6
Thanks

Oh I'm so very very sad for you. :(Youtook very good care of him and it was the right thing not to let himsuffer. It will get easier for you than it is today and you will alwayshave him in your heart. I had my dog cremated and when I got her ashesI set up sort of a shrine for her with pictures of her and littlethings that reminded of her.....maybe that is something that would makeyou feel better later on. Flopsy is in a peacful place now and probablydoing binkies:bunnyangel:Be kind to yourself:angelandbunny:

Awwww, I am so sorry to hear aboutFlopsy.:( Go head and cry. That is what you need todo to grieve. They get into your heart and become part ofyour family so it is only natural for you to cry aboutFlopsy. I cried while reading your story. I couldfeel the love that you hadfor Flopsy and the emotions ofhaving to tell him goodbye. Take care of yourself and justknow that we are hear to help you ease the pain.Hugs, Beckie

Oh Ashley...

I wish there was something to say that could help you in your time ofpain. I wish that every time I read a post like this. Yet pain is partof life...it is your time to grieve and miss your best friend. So manyof us have been there, through the agony of losing one special belovedpet, and we know of the feeling...it is as though your heart will neverrecover.

Allow yourself as much time as you need to mourn Flopsy. He came intoyour life for a very special reason, and when he left a part of youwent with him. Yet, a part of him stayed behind with you, tucked awaysafely in your heart and memories. I am sure that he is now at RainbowBridge, playing happily and watching over you...his heart swelling withlove. You filled him with love, gave him such a wonderful life, and inreturn he gave you all of the unconditional love that he could muster.Life is really but a dream...once you have lived yours fully, you willbe reunited with Flopsy and with all other souls who have played a partin your existence. There will be so many still to come into your lifewho will show you that same kind of love, and so many whose lives youwill touch....but in the end it is such a comfort to know that yourreunion will be with each and every one of them...and Flopsy will be inthe lead, binkying happily and running up to greet you.

Binky free with the best of them, Flopsy...

Angel hugs of love and comfort for you, Ashley...

:heart:

I am so sorry about Flopsy. I haven't been herelong enough to get to know everyone's bunnies, but I started cryingreading your post. My thoughts are with you.

-Krista

Hi Ashley, I'vebeen working so much lately that I'm just catching up with the forum. Ididn't know about Flopsy. I'm so sorry. I know it's a really hard timeto go through. SLG just put her dog to sleep a few weeks ago. It'sreally tough. I know Flopsy was so special to you and will always havea spot in your heart. I just wanted you toknow I was thinkingof you.

Hugs.gif

XOXO, Raspberry

Latest posts

Back