Floppy Dwarf????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas

Reaction score
Ok I may be rescuing a rabbit from a vets officeI will try to get a pic when I go look at it later. She said the peoplewho have it got it at the pet store and was told it is a Floppy Dwarf.Im not sure I have heard of that breed and I asked her if that was whatit looked like she said yes and that is what the pet store owner saidthe breed was. She figures it is about 6 mo and doesnt knowthe sex either. They feed it alfalfa and the mixed pellets Im not sureif it has corn but if it does Ill pick it out. it is kept ina dog carrier with I believr pine bedding it is litter box trained. Sowhat do you guys think? She said it is tame. Ill update when I see it...:)

"Floppy Dwarf?" Might be a HollandLop. Kudos to you! Why is she being rehomed,btw? Typical can't handle taking care of a teenage bunnything?

Thanks she said the owner doesnt have time forit anymore... Im hoping it isnt because it isnt as tame as she says. Ihave never had a rabbit and dont want to be spooked from thatexperience.

I've seen rabbits at my local shelter that werethe same age and abandoned for the same reason, and they were verysweet. I nearly took one home because every time I walkedpast the cage he begged to be petted. So this could be a verynice bun with an owner who wasn't prepared to take care of a rabbit.

Picture950.jpg

Picture949.jpg

ok here she is... Im pretty sure she is a she Ilooked at the pics and that is what it looks like... They feed her themixed pelletts with CORN!! they use pine litter and bedding and Alfalfahay are these things ok? she was a little skittish....

Awwwwwwwww!!! Bayyyyyybeeeeeeeeee.....

Pine litter is okay for now. Is it the shavings or the pellets?

How old is she?

You will want to transition to better pellets ASAP.

If she's a younger bun, alfalfa hay is fine, otherwise Timothy hay is best.

What a sweet face! Don't worry about her being alittle nervous at first, she will be until she gets used to you and hernew home. She looks like a tri-color lop, I don't know if she would bea dwarf or what. Do you know how old she is, and how much does sheweigh? She looks like a real darling, I am totally in love with thatlittle face!

They are guessing about 6 mo BUT she said thatshe isnt much bigger than when they got her at the pet store and thepet store said she was 9 weeks when they bought her... she has the pinepelletts for litter and the pine "squares" or shavingsfor thebedding she has a litter box.

Soo cute!

She is so adorable! Its so weird how this worked out and you were actually able to rescue a bunny after all. Good for you!

Be sure to check out our feeding Q&A at the top of theinfirmary section. Theres lots of great info there on what type ofpellet to use. Just make sure the transition is gradual.

Pine pellets are fine, but I wouldnt use the shavings. Is she litterbox trained yet? If yes, you could just put down a bit of newspaper orstraw mats or something to cushion the bottom of the cage.

Im so happy for you! Does she have a name yet? Will she be housed indoors?

Congrats!

Haley

Yes she is litter box trained and they use thepine pelletts for litterand for the bedding they use pineshavings... I guess they called her Floppy ... they didnt know if shewas M/F

Well she isnt mine yet... I had to fill out alittle Questionare and I have to wait now there are a couple otherslooking at her also. But I got to meet her and see what she looked liketo decide if she would be what I wanted if I get to have her.:)

Oh okay! I thought the pics meant you had brought her home.

Well, let us know if it works out. Thats great to hear that there areothers interested in her. Shes sure to have a great home, either way.

Latest posts

Back