Flopping in Pee?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score

Since yesterday Simon has been flopping in his own pee and poo. I am wondering what this is about...Anyone know? Or do I just have a dirty minded bun..lol

He will jump in his litter pan, jump out, pee on the kitchen floor (poop too) and then flop right into the pee.

He did this at least 3 times last night and once so far this morning.

Seems pointless to try to help him clean up when he just keeps doing it.

He is currently playing tag with my daughter. Running from the gate she is at, to the other side and when she shows up at the next, he runs back to the other.

He has been restricted to the kitchen only lately because my living room is a mess right now...in the past he has been allowed all over the living room.

edit-

This litter box he just won't seem to use where it is. I have moved it to where he pees and he will just pee somewhere else.
This is some pics of the area.

floppingpee003.jpg

floppingpee004.jpg

floppingpee001.jpg

lol...I could deal with poo flopping but man...Simon is SOAKED! He has chilled out with that since I opened the living room back up to him...but still ewwwwwwww

Has Simon been neutered yet?

Billy never flopped into his own pee, but we had him neutered when he was 5 months old so maybe that's why.

Ronnie is a different story. Before we got him he had spent 2 years in a breeder cage so he smelled really really bad. Ronnie was a little pee happy. He'd greet us by peeing on our leg, he'd dribble pee all over the carpet as he ran around, and his fur would have random wet spots that I didn't really care to investigate. His stink was so bad that I considered bathing him, but never actually did because of all the bad things I read about bathing rabbits.

Well, about two weeks after we had Ronnie neutered I noticed the smell was gone. He stopped peeing on us, stopped dribbling pee on the carpet, and started using his litter box like a gentleman :)

But, if you're bunny has already been neutered, then I have no clue what is going on!

sounds like he may have a small space in which he feels comfortable. he only really likes that one corner. what helped me train my buns was wiping up the pee with a paper towel and putting the paper towel in the litterbox, then cleaning up where the pee was on the floor with a 50/50 vinegar/water solution. this makes the litterbox smell like pee, not the floor, so he will go pee in the box next time.

plus he is so cute!

tonyshuman wrote:
sounds like he may have a small space in which he feels comfortable. he only really likes that one corner. what helped me train my buns was wiping up the pee with a paper towel and putting the paper towel in the litterbox, then cleaning up where the pee was on the floor with a 50/50 vinegar/water solution. this makes the litterbox smell like pee, not the floor, so he will go pee in the box next time.

plus he is so cute!

Hey TH,

Yeah the pee paper towel thing doesn't work. He has stopped though since I opened the whole living room back open to him...well the flopping in it part. Doesn't matter where or what I do with that box. He just doesn't seem to like that one. Tried switching them up and nope. I use the vinegar...it is almost like because I used that he HAS to pee there..lol

I am guessing it mostly has to do with getting him neutered now. I saw today they have really dropped. Not sure if it is all the way, but there are certainly there.

Trying to hang tough till those tax checks come and get him neutered then. If his behavior gets much worse I will try to pull some strings and borrow some money and just repay who I borrow it from when that check comes.

Sadly I think he KNOWS just how cute he is....though that dips some when he decides to bite or be a turd in general lol.

Thanks!

Little Bay Poo wrote:
Has Simon been neutered yet?

Billy never flopped into his own pee, but we had him neutered when he was 5 months old so maybe that's why.

Ronnie is a different story. Before we got him he had spent 2 years in a breeder cage so he smelled really really bad. Ronnie was a little pee happy. He'd greet us by peeing on our leg, he'd dribble pee all over the carpet as he ran around, and his fur would have random wet spots that I didn't really care to investigate. His stink was so bad that I considered bathing him, but never actually did because of all the bad things I read about bathing rabbits.

Well, about two weeks after we had Ronnie neutered I noticed the smell was gone. He stopped peeing on us, stopped dribbling pee on the carpet, and started using his litter box like a gentleman :)

But, if you're bunny has already been neutered, then I have no clue what is going on!

Hi LBP,

No he hasn't yet. I think Tuesday made 12 weeks old now. Losing track of time lol.

I figured the peeing outside the litter box was all neuter related, I just didn't know what to make of him flopping in it. Seemed like he was doing it on purpose. Was wierd....who wants to sit in there own pee right? lol

You know the other day when Simon jumped my arm got hit with pee. I thought maybe he couldn't hold it or something as he was jumping into his litter at the time, but I wonder now hearing about Ronnie if he didn't do it on purpose lol.

Knowing me, I'd have to figure if it was the pee or being wet part that he enjoys more. I'd be known to take out a cookie pan or paper whatever, put a sprinkle of water in it and observe to see if he flops in it. :bagheadThis coming from the person who makes a homemade fountain for her kitten. :pI figured my kitten loves drinking when the water moves and she enjoys playing in water, so often when she is bored, she will mew and sit by the sink. I then stack some clean bowls in the sink and let the faucet run just a few seconds while she drinks and plays. I really should invest in that "cat fountain"

MsBinky wrote:
Knowing me, I'd have to figure if it was the pee or being wet part that he enjoys more. I'd be known to take out a cookie pan or paper whatever, put a sprinkle of water in it and observe to see if he flops in it. :bagheadThis coming from the person who makes a homemade fountain for her kitten. :pI figured my kitten loves drinking when the water moves and she enjoys playing in water, so often when she is bored, she will mew and sit by the sink. I then stack some clean bowls in the sink and let the faucet run just a few seconds while she drinks and plays. I really should invest in that "cat fountain"
I would think being wet alot would be bad for his skin...but I guess once in a while wouldn't be too bad huh...

Maybe I will try that later on today..rather nice out today anyway...well thats if he can mellow out some. Bit out of control again today..sigh

Thanks for mentioning it though. Didn't occur to me maybe he just likes being wet or playing in 'water'... :)

Latest posts

Back