Flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaGracie

Reaction score
I'm a new bunny owner and want to build an indoor cage. Gracie and Bella don't like the bare floor. The are not litter trained as of yet. Can anyone suggest safe flooring for them? Thx :hbunnysmell:

Currently I use a shower curtain over top of carpet, you could do something similar with a rug underneath if you don't have carpet. Or you could use those foam mats that they sell for children's play, but be careful if your bunnies are chewers. You could also use absorbent bed pads or washable puppy pads, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003B3S3TS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 but you'd have to put it through the wash every week or so. I'm sure some other people will have suggestions as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Velux blankets cut to the exact size of the floor I want covered inside cages or carriers. They are not cheap to buy but, they don't unravel when cut and, having them cover the whole floor discorages chewing plus you can fasten the edges down if you need to. Velux is also very washable, it doesn't stain easily and, doesn't pill or crush from washing, rabbit trampling etc. The way it's made also makes it toenail snag proof.

Now it is a synthetic so, if that concerns you, don't use it but, I've never had a problem with it at all.

Latest posts

Back