Flemish not big enough!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytamer

Reaction score
I raise Flemish giants and I also show them, but when I get there the others seem so much bigger! I have heard of conditioners, but does that just help the coats? Or does it help fatten them up. Should I get a bigger or doe? Or buck? Which one will effect the size more.
Sorry about all the questions but I am my wits end! :pullhair:

Get larger Flemish to increase the size of the rabbits in your herd. Your rabbits may not have massive or long enough bone for them to get to correct size. You need a massive "frame" to build your Flemish on.

So get bigger bucks and does.

Conditioners do fatten rabbits just a little bit, and also help the coat out a lot. They aren't necessary though.

Look to buy (or breed to) some of those larger Flemish. Sizeis in the genetics and certain lines tend to get larger than others. Talk to some of the breeders that have those larger rabbits. Discuss increasing the size in your lines.

If you do buy a rabbit to breed into your lines, look carefully at the offspring and select for size as well as confirmation. Don't give up good confirmation for size... but pick the best for breeding.

Back