Flemish Giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarazwagerman

Reaction score
I am getting 2 Flemsih Giants from a breeder in a couple of monthsand wanted to start showing them. I have to idea what this entails (sp?) nor do I know how to get started. If anyone has any experience with this or any goodwebsites to look at please let me know.Thanks!

I am moving this to the rabbitry where you will hopefully get more responses!

Sara, Congratulations on getting Flemish!!!! They are SO special! (Yeah, I've been accused of being biased...)

You live in a state with some of the top Flemish Giant Breeders. maybe you could find one local to you and ask them to help you out. They could take a look at your rabbits and let you know how they compare to the Breed Standard.

You could attend local shows- check out Upcoming shows on the ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Assoc.) website (www.arba.net) or on the National Federation of Flemish Giant Rabbit Breeders website (www.nffgrb.com). Enter your rabbits and see what the judges say about them. Most rabbit breeders are more than willing to help out a newcomer.

If you're going to show, you should join the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc. And get a copy of the Breed Standards. And if you're serious about the Flemish, join the NFFGRB. They have a really good Flemish handbook with lots of tip about keeping and raising Flemish. (Info about both are on their websites.)

Now, as soon as you getthem, we need photos and more info about your new kids!

Thanks BlueGiant. I won't be getting the rabbits for a couple of months because she hasn't even breeded her doe and buck yet, but will be soon.

Latest posts

Back