Flemish Colours

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering, can you get FlemishGiants in the Harlequin colour? That would be one beautifulrabbit if you can.

Susan:apollo:

I've seen a harlequin flemish - I wish I stillhad the photos (maybe I do somewhere but I doubt it 'cause my computercrashed shortly after I got Tiny). I'm not 100% sure if he was aharlequin or a tri (broken harlequin) - I'm trying to remember.

He was a pet for the breeders I got Tiny from - very friendly (unusualsince they didn't work with socializing their animals)...and just asweetie. I want to say he was 3 or 4 years old.

I'm not sure how they got him...but they were very clear he was NOT forsale and he wasn't at all showable...I remember that much.

Peg

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Here are the ARBA accepted colors:

http://www.nffgrb.com/Varieties.html

A great big Harlequin Flemish WOULD be a sight to see!

:)

If I could have bought it - I would. She told methat they didn't show him to many folks (locally) as they were afraidhe'd be stolen....if I remember right.

Peg

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I have yetto see my firstFlemish.

If I see a harlequin,there will be no wayI could resistingetting it.

Rainbows! ;)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
If I see aharlequin, there will beno way I could resistingetting it.
I know how you feel. If Iever see a big white Flemish buck like Apollo, he's MINE!!!

I saw a white buck at the Iowa state show last month, but he couldn't compare to Apollo. :(

Now, Snuggy's Mom, why on earth didn't you tellme you were looking for a big white Flemish boy? I had one, but he wentto a new home a little while ago. He would have made an interestinghouse pet, he is an onery stinker! He used to yank the feed can out ofmy hand and take off with it when I would feed, LOL.

Oooh - I love it when Tiny does stuff like that.

I'll have to tell Tiny he's ornery.

Peg

gentle giants wrote:
Now, Snuggy's Mom,why on earth didn't you tell me you were looking for a big whiteFlemish boy? I had one, but he went to a new home a little while ago.He would have made an interesting house pet, he is an onery stinker! Heused to yank the feed can out of my hand and take off with it when Iwould feed, LOL.

gentle giants wrote:
Now, Snuggy's Mom, why on earth didn't you tell me you werelooking for a big white Flemish boy? I had one, but he went to a newhome a little while ago. He would have made an interesting house pet,he is an onery stinker! He used to yank the feed can out of my hand andtake off with it when I would feed, LOL.

Oh, man. I would have taken him in a heart beat. Ifmy husband ever finishes the bunny room, I'll be seriously looking forone. I'll keep you posted!

Snuggy will be so P.O.'d that there's a bunny bigger than her! She'll still probably push him around!

Laura

TinysMom wrote:

Peg

Well, you know, it was funny at first, but when he started taking andthrowing it to the back of the cage, and then nipping me when I wouldreach for it, the charm wore off! LOL
He also hated feeders, he wanted to eat out of a dish only. If I put afeeder in the cage, he would immediatly rip it off the wall and throwit. And he was big enough to do it, too!

TinysMom wrote:

Peg

Well, you know, it was funny at first, but when he started taking andthrowing it to the back of the cage, and then nipping me when I wouldreach for it, the charm wore off! LOL
He also hated feeders, he wanted to eat out of a dish only. If I put afeeder in the cage, he would immediatly rip it off the wall and throwit. And he was big enough to do it, too!

Oh, hey, Snuggy's Mom, my white doe should be having a litter in a couple of days, should I let you know if a get a white boy?

gentle giants wrote:
Oh, hey, Snuggy's Mom, my white doe should be having alitter in a couple of days, should I let you know if a get a whiteboy?
OMG!!! You're killing me!!! I'm not ready yet, but let me know anyway!

What color is the buck? Is he big? How big is the doe?

You mean the parents? He (Sammy)is a very lightlight grey, and the doe (Lacey) weighs about 15, I think. I need toweigh her, I keep forgetting to do it.

Apollo's eyes looked blue. Maybe it was just the light?

ApolloWollo.jpg

Yeah, it would be just a trick of the light. BEW rabbits have very bright blue eyes, almost looks electric.

Oh, going back to what we were saying about bunnies that steal the feedcan- I just remembered this. I had a lop mix house rabbit when myhusband and I got together. He was unfortunatly not neutered, andtended to spray, so we put him in the spare bedroom and moved out allimportant furniture. When I would go in there and let him out for playtime, I would usually clean his cage while he was playing. He wouldwatch me for a little while, then sneak up, steal the scoop I used forthe litter, and run! He thought it was hilarious! So I could eitherwait until he got tired of playing with it, or go steal it back. It wasreally cute....

Chester, my flemish show/pet buck is the sameway... he's very silly.... His cage is right by the feed barrel in thebarn so he watches me get the food out every day. When I go to put foodin his feeder I have to pet him with my other hand becausehe'll try and rip the can out of my hand and then, playfully, try anddefend it when I try and get it back. I normally have to bribe him forit.

Latest posts

Back