fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1981

Reaction score
I noticed that my mini rex has fleas.I guess she either got them from the dogs or her timeoutside. She is 4 years old. I have read previousposts that all prett much suggest kitten flea powder. I waswondering if I could use the Adams flea and tick mist on her.It says for dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens. If not then Ishall buy her some powder tomorrow since the stores areclosed. Any specific brands or types I should lookfor?

Generally anything that is safe for cats andkittens is safe for rabbits. We have used Advantage on ourcats and rabbits for 10 years with no problems. We used Basusspray also which is similar to Adams. I personally preferspray to powder. When doing the ears and around the face, Ispray it on a cloth and use that as a wipe.

Frontline is not recommended for rabbits. If you need to treat carpet, Flea Busters with boric acid works really well.

Thanks for the info :) I have 2 cats that areabsolute flea bags from being at my mother in laws house andunfortunatly Celest has contracted the biteing little monsters too...Iwas wondering what was a good bet to use on her.

I founda flea & tick spray atPetsmart. I used it, but Pamnock pointed out that thosesprays & drops do not kill the eggs. Seems to havehelped my buns. :p

Back