FLEAS! please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HototMama

Reaction score
i found a flea on one of my dwarf hotots yesterday. now, i have 12 adult rabbits and 20 babies right now that will be going to new homes the first week of next month. i CAN NOT sell rabbits with fleas. so i am looking for cheap flea treatment for 32 rabbits. any suggestions? i was looking at advantage II but that stuff is like $35-$40 for 4 treatments. :banghead

Advantage is very expensive, but all of it comes out of my emergency fund. I swear, even saving $5 a week will grow quickly to help you cover situation such as this. Each tube is 1 application for 5 lbs, so if your kits are 1-2 lbs you would only need a drop of the solution to treat each kit. 20 kits @ 1lbs each, you would only need 4 tubes, maybe 5 to treat all the kits. Where it will get expensive is your adults.

20 kits @ 1 lb each = 4-5 tubes
12 adults @ ? = ?

If your buns all weigh under 5 lbs, I can try to figure out how much advantage you actually need. You can also buy the bigger tubes made for larger cats if the adults are over 5 lbs. The have different dosages. If they are leaving in 3 weeks, you would only need to purchase a few.

Cat Weight Advantage II Availability

Under 5 lbs. Kitten 4-packs only

5-9 lbs. Small Cat 4-packs & 6-packs

Over 9 lbs. Large Cat 4-packs & 6-packs

You can try a home remedy, I can google and look for some but I don't know if they work. Advantage or something from the Vet is probably going to work the best.

most all of my rabbits are under 5 pounds. i have 2 french lops that are over 10.

If you could provide a little more detail on the weights, I can let you know how many you actually need to buy and how much to give them.

hmm, well i have
3 dwarf hotots, about 3 pounds each.
1 holland lop, about 3 pounds,
2 mini rex about 4 pounds.
2 french lops, 1 is 14 pounds and the other is 11.
2 lionheads, 3.5 pounds.
1 new Zealand who is about 7 pounds
1 champagne d'argent that is about 8 pounds.

This is the most efficient way to use advantage in your situation. I cannot guarantee that this will work 100%, but its the same breakdown I use. If you would like a better copy, please PM your email.

Publication1.jpg

PLEASE READ

I wanted to make sure to reiterate, this is not common and should not done on a monthly basis. Ideally, you should purchase the correct weight and follow the instructions printed on the box. The 2 factors to this situation were money and time and this was the cheapest and fastest way to get everyone treated. Save, I can't say it enough.

HototMama - You're welcome. Glad I could help and I hope it works. You will also need to do a full cleaning. The fabrics need to washed in hot water, all their litter boxes thoroughly cleaned with vinegar, all plastic toys and ceramic bowls in the dishwasher. Please be aware that not all plastic can be put in the dishwasher. I'm going to say it one more time.....save. Put a dollar a week, if you can more, in an envelope and put it in a drawer and forget about it.

Back