Flea treatment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmerlin2010

Reaction score
Hey! So I was brushing Houdini today because he is going through a HUGE molt, and found a flea in his fur. After that I looked and could kinda see some flea eggs. So, I have heard you can use cat flea treatment to get rid of them, but which one? I know one of them is very bad, but the others are OK to use..
Thanks! :biggrin:

Revolution is the safe one and you should the get the one for puppies/kittens.

The generic name for the drug in revolution is selamectin so basically Revolution contains selamectin

it can be dosed exactly as is described on medirabbit or some vets use a less specific method of dosing
Ihave used Revolution on shelter rabbits with fleas; works well and can be repeated in 30 days if necessary

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medication/Anti_parasitics/safe_antiparasitic.htm

selamectin 6mg/kg
1 kg = 2.2lbs

Most fleas you find on pets (dogs included) are usually cat fleas. Probably why the medication would work on bunnies as well :3

I also think revolution is a great product, so this is something I would look into as well.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back