Flea/tick prevention for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylerhill

Reaction score
I was just thinking to myself that is almost time to buy new flea/tick prevention for my dogs and cats, which made me wonder if rabbits need any too? My rabbit is an outdoor bunny, and we do live in an area where fleas and ticks are common. I haven't heard of needing this for rabbits, but I just wanted to check and see what you guys thought.

Revolution is the only one I know of that is suposed to be safe for rabbits but it is pricy and needs a perscription.

I have outdoor rabbits too and used Revolution last summer. I had to get a prescription from our vet for it. It is expensive, about $30 a month for each treatment, but I only used it during the months of June through September. It is dosed by weight so we got the kitten dose since it's not made specifically for rabbits but is considered safe for them as well as cats and dogs. It protects for both fleas and ticks.

We use revolution but not on a regular basis. Had to use it for fur mites before. It runs $18 a month here

Back