Flavoured water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Hope has been having bladder issues (which we are currently presuming was a UTI) and so to increase their fluid consumption I have been giving cranberry flavoured water.

Now, they (being the Swarming as one entity-Hope, Dawn and Sunny)LOVE this and their water consumption has gone up roughly three fold, maybe more. They have a bowl of normal water too.

I was wondering how long I could/should keep them on it for and if there are any problems of doing this indefinitely.

Well I have started adding apple juice (the cranberry juice did not go very well) to two bowls andI plan to do this permanently because now these 2 buns ,like yours, are leaving the bowls dry and this is a total change from the past when the bowls were barely touched.

My buns are not having any kind of GI upset from this at all and sinceI give no treats I cannot see any reason not to continue permanently.

This is really my personal opinion but it makes a lot of sense as long as their GI tracts are not affected .

I did this when we had all the sludge and kidney stone problms with Chase and Luna ;

The only thing is now I have to buy another extra item for them all the time so i will say
"Jim I have to go to the store to get juice for the rabbits :p" LOL

the list is continuing to grow.........
Maureen

That's good to know Maureen :) That was sort of my feeling so its good to know that someone else shares that same view. They get very few treats and they have no GI upset from it either, so I will see how we go and keep doing it for now. Thanks :)

How do you dilute it, ie what proportions? In general, it's really difficult to get too much water, so I wouldn't worry about that! It's probably really great for them that you're doing this, and I may do it as well, at least in the summer.

It's roughly 1 part cranberry juice to 4 parts water (but that's a rough guestimate).

One of them (possibly Hope) sometimes has the chalky substance in the middle of the wee (nothing majorly thick, just enough to notice) so hopefully keeping them more hydrated should help with that too, especially with the cranberry added.

ha ha, please film a video if you do that :D I'd love to see someone 'juice' a raisin :p

Latest posts

Back