Flash's Place - 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
polly wrote:
I am so chuffed for you and Summer Trace :biggrin2:she def. knows she had found her forever home and is doing anything to stay with you :p
If i were a rabbit I'd grow a tissue lump too to stay in Tracy's. Can you blame her:)

Ok, so I broke my camera on Christmas Day and have yet to get it fixed, so no pics for a while, although maybe some videos :D

Summer is recovering REALLY well. She did fantastically the night of the surgery and was back to normal soon. I also thought Roger would remove her stitches, but so far, all but one are still there.

Most of the outside buns have been blocked from their runs during the past few nights because it has been so cold. Angel worked out how to get down one night, so we had to properly barricade him up, and all of them have been angry at me for doing that, lol.

Cloud
and Candyfloss have done really well and seem much more settled and more together now. Who knows, maybe being frozen might stand them in good stead and might have improved their relationship.

Ok, so this isn't about them, but my mum got me this forum Christmas because I said for years I wanted one to do the bunnies in. What do you think?

[align=center]
Christmas2008107-1.jpg

[/align]
This is random, but its hard when you have learnt about something, and because other people have learnt different things, and disagree with you, they jump on you.

I have learnt a great deal from here (more specifically, Randy) about EC, head tilt, etc, and when I have said anything about what I have learnt from him/here, on another forum, I either get ignored or jumped on, because other people disagree.

A couple of people understand that EC is so misunderstood and needs far more research into, but most just disregard it outright (an example being head tilt is an active case of EC, and not an infection possibly caused by EC lowering the immune system).

It's very much this! :banghead so I do this :embarrassed:

On here if I say something others disagree with I'm rarely torn apart (and normaslly if I am its done privately), and it's quite a calm and respectful place, but on there, it can be a bit vicious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not slating the forum, it does excellent work and I spend a lot of time there, but being on there is HARD sometimes.

Oh, and my assessment is tomorrow, please, please send me luck!

Handy thing that umbrella. I could do with one to go out later to put settle the buns for the night. (It's been lashing down with rain all day)
What is EC?

EC is E. Cuniculi, and is something that Randy is passionate about and knows a huge amount about it (more than most vets). IF you use the search function (if it works) you might find some of his huge wisdom.

Girl I can understand. The battles I have waged over Ringo...

Sending tons and tons of luck your way....just worried it won't make it over the ocean in time (or fall on some whales or something and see them get lucky).

Seriously though - you'll be in my thoughts and prayers....

Thanks guys :) I did a test run today and found it by chance, and then did the full run. I wrote out all of my anxieties and will print that out and take it with me. I saw my doctor on Friday and he told me that there is only one more place on this course, and I'm not even on it yet because this lady I am seeing tomorrow decides who is on it, and whether or not it will benefit me. Tomorrow is D day, I guess.

whether or which, it's a step further to recovery and even if it turns out the course isn't for you, ther's got to be other options.
Even being able to manage the trip and the assessment is an achievement of some sort

Sending lots and lots of good wishes your way before I head to bed....by the time I'm up and about I'm sure you will be at the appointment...

Check in with us as soon as you can

I am glad you made it safely there and back. That's some achievement. Sorry to hear it's not what you hoped for.

Flashy wrote:
I went. I'm back. It's not for me but I have no choice but to do it. I'm stuck.

You know, I have seen you go through a lot and come out the better, stronger person for it. I realize even here, so far from you, that you are a very strong person with a HUGE heart that you give to the bunnies. I have a feeling you can do this even if it isn't going to help you how it should - maybe it will help you with something somewhere along the line.

ALSO..... I know that you are going to be ok..... you need to be cause you are a savior to those little furballs of yours..... I feel like we all have a purpose and i think the bunnies are yours and that you are theirs.

I'm really proud of you for your progress. :hug:

Oh, and I want to nap Sandy, and Cloud....... :biggrin2:

Flashy wrote:
[align=center]
Christmas2008107-1.jpg
[/align]

Tracey you have come a long way since I first met you on the forum, I know you will continue becomestronger.

By the way, you pull this look (umbrella hat) off magnificently! You look stylin!:biggrin2:

Flashy wrote:
I went. I'm back. It's not for me but I have no choice but to do it. I'm stuck.
I'm not trying to push you when I say this - ok? But can you share why its not for you? Is it stuff you've already done? Can you find anything of value in it?

I'm glad you went at least and that you know more about it. I'm hoping that it will help you - even a little bit....

Flashy - I was just looking at the pictures of Summer again....

Um...can I steal her? Honestly - I think she is almost my favorite of yours now (over Sandy) and I didn't think I'd ever like another one of yours more than Sandy (who I fell in love with way back...).

She just looks so...sweet...and innocent..and like she's planning mischief.

Latest posts

Back