Flakes on Rabbits Ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstacii

Reaction score
hello, my rabbit Bubbles has been scratching his ears so often these last few days and I was lint rolling him since he hates being brushed and i noticed these flakes were on his ears. Could this just be dry skin or an ear infection? Thank you.
9259867E-F9F4-437E-AF94-1ED22474BE02.png

can you get a pic of what the inside of the ear looks like?

239C85D2-FFE8-418E-AFC5-E23691794ACB.jpeg D2AF7F88-8EB0-4A3E-8FEA-44C57280E48C.jpeg 00746930-0D77-406C-BAC2-9A730CACEAD6.jpeg
can you get a pic of what the inside of the ear looks like?
of course! the insides look normal to me, from all the pictures i’ve seen on rabbits with mites i haven’t found anything that is similar to my buns situation.

if it's coming from deep in the ear I would check it for ear mites. It's how I have caught a few just starting to get them in a few of the ones I have rescued, and I've seen some bad cases too. Dry skin is possible too but with the scratching i would be worried of an ear mite infestation starting to brew.

if it's coming from deep in the ear I would check it for ear mites. It's how I have caught a few just starting to get them in a few of the ones I have rescued, and I've seen some bad cases too. Dry skin is possible too but with the scratching i would be worried of an ear mite infestation starting to brew.
ohh okay that makes sense thank you so much i’ve been constantly searching and searching for an answer until i found this site. thank you i’m going to try to get an appointment scheduled soon, again thank you!

Back