Fixing a phone charger

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhoosh

Reaction score
Well my bunny picked a lousey time to chew completely through my phone charger! It hasn't been charged all weekend. For some reason I think it's possible to fix them, does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

This reminds me when one of the bunnies chewed through my sons recharger, and to a 16 year old that is his life support lol, it was a long weekend and there was absolutely no shops open for a few days, so all he did was, he stripped the covering abit and just reconnected the wires together, it worked until we were able to get to the shops to buy a new recharger :)

cheryl

Yes, you should be able to fix it by just cutting off the damaged part, stripping off roughly 1/2 inch of the casing, twisting the wires so the strands stay together (I'm assuming the wire for your phone charger is a single wire rather than several in separate casings), twist the two ends tighly together to re-connect them, and wrap the repair site and an inch or so on either side of it with electrical tape. For a more permanent repair, solder the repaired wire for extra strength. Hope this helps!

Haha, ok I guess I'm no good at fixing, I'll have to live with no phone until I can get to a store. I know what you mean about a cell being a life line! I'm at college and it's the onl yphone I use, and I use it often! Thanks for the quick replies, I'll give it another go but I don't have much confidence in my own abilities. Note to self: never pursue career in electrical repair...:shock:

gwhoosh wrote:
Haha, ok I guess I'm no good at fixing, I'll have to livewith no phone until I can get to a store. I know what you mean about acell being a life line! I'm at college and it's the only phone I use,and I use it often! Thanks for the quick replies, I'll give it anothergo but I don't have much confidence in my own abilities. Note to self:never pursue career in electrical repair...:shock:

lol im sure your good at many other things!!

Splice the wires back together.

Remove the protective coating and cut the wires to make fresh ends, take the wires whose covering matches up and twist them around each other a few times, then use electrical tape to cover them.There'd be a few reason why it wouldn't work, but 97% of the time it does.

Splice the wires back together. Removethe protective coating and cut the wires to make fresh ends, take thewires whose covering matches up and twist them around each other a fewtimes, then use electrical tape to cover them. There'd be a few reasonwhy it wouldn't work, but 97% of the time it does.

I don't have wire cutters or electrical tape, so I'd have to go out and buy it. If I'm out buying stuff I might as well get a new one. I'll pick some up in case it happens again, thanks! *prints*

Back