Five female rabbits need homes - MA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeaeaeae

Reaction score
So, I took in six female rabbits last month as a foster and am having trouble finding good homes for them. Taking them was kind of an impulse decision; their previous owner just didn't feel like caring for them anymore and was trying to give them away to anyone who'd take them, and I didn't want them to end up snake food or worse. She claimed they were all healthy and got along, but one was pretty much on death's door when I got them, this little dwarf rabbit that was being attacked by the other (large) rabbits when she tried to eat. She was only about a pound, just skin and bones and covered in wounds. I've gotten her healthy and have decided to adopt her officially, but I don't have the capability to keep six rabbits long-term. I just found out I'll be moving most likely within the next 30 days and there's no way I can take all six with me. I've put ads up on Craigslist but have mostly had people trying to get them for free so I figured I'd make a post here in case anyone in the area was interested.

There's two cinnamons, a white New Zealand and two dark brown ones (not sure what breed). They're not super well socialized with people, but they're pretty relaxed. Most of them don't let me pick them up but they all let me pet them and hang out in their space without issue. Never been nipped or bit by any of them, and they all get along pretty well now that the dwarf has been removed. No idea how they'd react to a new rabbit but since they're used to colony living it could probably be done. None of them are spayed, unfortunately. They're all around two years old according to their previous owner. I'm asking for a $20 rehoming fee for each of them, negotiable if you want to take in more than one. I just want them to go to good homes. I can't really travel to bring them anywhere. I'm located in southern Massachusetts, right on the Rhode Island border.

Back