First time moms! Two Mini lop litters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
I am so proud of my girls. My two mini lop does both kindled today. First litters for both of them, and they did it like a pro, Both made nice nests with lots of hair, both put all the babies in the nest, and so far both have fed the babies! For first timers I couldn't ask for more.
These are really important litters for the future of my Mini lop herd. These where both bred with amazing bucks from Schmidt's Mini lops and the resulting does, will be completely unrelated to all three of my current bucks. I have been going on about these litters for weeks, and today was so excited to tell everyone at work, who don't have rabbits, and though where excited the babies where here, the just didn't really understand what made these babies so much more important then the other litters we have had/will have.
So I knew I had to come here, where people would understand my joy that not only did these two do a great job, so far, but that these babies are actually here, and my worry for them is somewhat alleviated. At least I can rest easy that my does delivered in the boxes, and so far ( 18 hours and 1-4 hours old) they have not tried to eat them, or thrown them around, and the older litter looked to be fed when I checked on them tonight.
The first doe KA384 (aka: Moppet) is a broken black doe, born on my birthday, May 10 2011. (her mom has 17 legs!) We bred her to Schmidt's SM4 a beautiful solid Chestnut Agouti buck with 8 Legs!
She kindled sometime between 1am and 10am, to 8 beautiful babies, though one might be a runt. 3 are self and 5 are broken.
AKWOEHLSKA384.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA284butt.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA384front.jpg

The second doe CT10 is a gold tipped steel doe, born on September 5th 2011. She is a beautiful doe with an amazing head and crown, placed 2 of 12 in the last show they showed her in before we bought her. We bred her to Schmidt's C22 an amazing broken Chinchilla buck who has placed in the top 3 in the last five shows he was in. She kindled between 12am? (noon) and 10:00pm. I am not sure how many she had yet, they still felt very new, and I wanted to give her and them time before I actually messed to much. I saw one broken, and felt some squirmy babies. I don't think her litter is as big as Moppets. I am still trying to think of a name for this doe, for now I call her GT for gold tipped, cause I can never remember her ear number.
SchmidtsCT10front.jpg

SchmidtsCT10side.jpg

I don't have a picture of the bucks but I might ask her for one, I don't think she would mind, and it would be nice to have one.

I will try to get some pictures of the babies and try to get them uploaded in the next few days.

Congratulations on your First Time Moms! Lovely girls.

Hope Moms and babies are doing well.

Please would love to see pics of the babies!

K:)

LakeCondo wrote:
How about calling her Black Gold.
I am aiming for something starting with a G, I just havn't found one I really like yet. We have renamed Harley to Turtle. She is just way more like a Turtle then a Harley.

So I counted wrong. Moppet has 9 babies! 6 of which are very lightly marked brokens, three of which are solid. Two of the solids are kind of a light slate blue color, but the inside of the ears, and bellys are pink. I will have to check pedigrees to know for sure, but what color does that sound like to you guys? I know mom is broken black and dad is chestnut agouti, but both have "colors" in their backgrounds.

It looks like the gold tipped doe has 7 but I am not positive on that. All are solid but two which are blanket pattern brokens. I am so excited I wish I could fast forward a week to really see what colors they are. So tiny right now, but all had full bellies.

Back