First Show Rabbit(s)!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopsandLops

Reaction score
We have decided to buy some show rabbits, Giant Angoras and French Angoras. We love all rabbits, but this will give me more to grow and bond with them. We are picking up our two new additions, and these will be my first real show rabbits! It is a Giant Buck SR. and a Bred French REW Doe(several legs, and bred to a buck that has produced several BIS and BOB). I know it seems like a big jump, but we are ready, I think, I am just excited. The lady we are buying from is going to help get us started and she is the same breeder we got Rosie from (she is just a pet and is spayedd) and we are going to our first show in Middle TN in Oct. and then one in Nov.

Then we hope to pick up a Giant Doe this up coming week from a lady in Middle TN that is just 12 weeks old, and she is a wonderful and knowledgeable lady!

Congrats! My first show bunny is a French Angora buck named Fuzzy Mcgee :)
My second show bunny is a Black French Angora doe :D I have many show rabbits now lol But those are my 1st too :p I just started showing a couple months ago!

We are planning on 3 shows very soon! I have the doe, and she isn't named yet (her name before was RT118). She is a good looking rabbit, nice body, nice wool, just pretty head to tail! I also got a English Buck (Blue Tort, just 10 weeks old) for free! She said she didn't need another buck and since we were buying the first two she thought she would ask if we wanted him too! He has a nice pedigree! Both parents are GCs and there are 4 more GC back though the lines! He is a nice liking little guy and we are calling him Petey, as we didn't have an extra cage and I had to hold him and well he peed on me on the way home!

OH we built 4 more cages today (well will finish in the morning) and we are going to look at a Jr. Giant Doe this thrus day and looking at Blue French Buck Friday (just 12 weeks old), we are also waiting on what the guy with the french will have in a litter he paired over the weekend (English Angoras, as we will need a doe).

So glad you are getting into showing. I originally had spayed/neutered house rabbits as well, but then we got an intact Flemish Giant and decided to show. Now we have quite a rabbitry with 12 Flemish Giant show rabbits. The rest of the year we are always waiting for show season because we have so much fun and have met so many great friends that we just want to see again. Have a great time with it and congratulations!

Latest posts

Back