first litter flemish giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djluster

Reaction score
my girl just had her first litter that I know of. she is seems to be doing everything. I got her because the owner couldnt keep her since she got in with her other boy flemish. so dont know how mainy time she might have been breed since they found them together the next day.

But I have a question i just looked and there was only 3 in there is this common or is there a chance she still may have more. I don't know do they have them all at once or over a little time she I dont know when she started having them. I left about 3 hours ago and she was just starting to pull alot more hair. 3 just seem like a small litter but wasnt sure if it common or not. will update later if she has more

I wish I could offer some kind of advice but I am just starting to think about breeding myself, however if this is the same flemish giant that you have listed in your bunnies: profile part that is 4 months old, maybe the small litter is because she is so young, I have read on other threads that they do sometimes have more a few hours later, I can't remember if it was 24 hours later or not, hopefully some one more knowledgeble will help.

Sorry I didnt say I don't have Bella listed on my bunny list yet. She is 2 years old Lilly is still to young to be a mom. I plan on just leaving her be and checking again in the morning

So the mother flemish is 2years old? If so I'd say three sounds pretty good for an older doe she might have one or two more but usually the older they get the smaller the litter size is

What Sarah said. Although 2 seems young, it's not for brood rabbits, as a lot of breeders retire them from breeding at age 3.

Litter sizes can really vary. I've heard of 2 kits from a Flemish doe and up to 17. Just depends on the lines, the animal themself, time of year, how many litters, etc... So many variables.

Good luck and post pics. What color?

Thanks I will post picture tomorrow when I get some better ones. I got her after she was breed. The mom is sandy and I saw a picture of dad he was fawn so I am guessing they will be sandy color. And for my first ever litter will be happy if all three stay health. I just hope soon bella(mom) starts getting nicer if not she may go. Is there a chance That if I breed her again she will have more next time or I's that to hard to say because of her age. Plus I don't know I think this was her first litter as well

It's really hard to tell how many she'll have if bred again. Normally the litter sizes go down as they keep going. Again so many variables.

Latest posts

Back