First lick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's such a sweet story! First kisses are the best (pretty much for everyone). :biggrin2:

Emma doesn't kiss us but does "clean" our pant legs. Zoe gives me an occasional kiss but reserves most of them for my hubby (whom I assume she's cleaning, rather than kissing ;)).

Our mushy boy has started licking my forearm when I "hold" him (i.e., enfold him in my arms while he remains on the ground). He's turning out to be quite the affectionate bun. :D

Jenk

Muffin has turned into the lickiest rabbit ever! When I come out to see him and freshen his feed and hay in the morning, I put my hand up to his hutch and he licks my fingers all over as though he's cleaning them! Then after a while he puts his head down to be scratched, and then starts licking again after a while. If I hold him in my lap and stroke him, he'll lick my arm too. It makes me feel so special!

my snowy licks me for maybe 2 seconds before biting me.. :shock: and it hurts.. did that to my family too.. so now when she sniff us, we will try to move away :surrender ..

yesterday she is in a playful mood, keeps doing the binky and running around the house.. so when she comes to me, i let her sniff my hand.. she bite it.. 4 times.. :disgust:.. and she just had her dinner too..

going to try again tonight..

Toby will groom my hand/wrist/arm/forehead/cheek/nose/ear for a little while before he starts to nibble. He just gently scrapes his teeth across my skin. Sometimes he nips, but very lightly. He's never drawn blood doing that. I just got used to it. I think his nips might be him trying to groom and show affection. I deal with it lol

kherrmann3 wrote:
Toby will groom my hand/wrist/arm/forehead/cheek/nose/ear for a little while before he starts to nibble. He just gently scrapes his teeth across my skin. Sometimes he nips, but very lightly. He's never drawn blood doing that. I just got used to it. I think his nips might be him trying to groom and show affection. I deal with it lol
My Cali Boy has started doing the "love nibbles," too. I get a lil' nervous but have refused to shy away from his teeth. I just remind him to "be gentle" and "just nibble" my "delicate fingers."

:biggrin2:

I still get a nip now and then when I am not fast enough with the food pellets. Once, he bit me in the bum THROUGH BOXER SHORTS (pajamas) and I bled like crazy. If there's an artery in your bum, me found it. It was more my hip, but for comic relief, bum is funnier :p.

He did it again a week or so ago but did not break bare skin. This time it was on my lower leg (side of my calf). He did break a blood vessel though. He came back over by me after feeding time and groomed my newly-acquired, swollen-purple-patch on my leg :p I still have a mark lol

Latest posts

Back