First lick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMummy

Reaction score
I have had rabbits for a sum total of 8 months. We made some fundamental mistakes with the first two i.e. giving them too much room to run in the first instance, so they really didn't get to be around us and didn't get used to us.

Then we got the second two, and although we still love Pebbles and Bambam, we made sure that all the mistakes we made would not be repeated. So we're quiet by thier cages, never chase them round the room to get them back into thier cages, we give them a small space in the living room to start with and make sure they get used to us being down on the floor with them.

So this morning as everyone was getting ready ( we have the in-laws here at the moment) i took scruff out of his cage and lay on our bed with him, me one side and hubby the other. After a few minutes of petting and him sniffing around he came up to me nose to nose then licked me on the cheek. I could have cried I was so happy. Over the next ten minutes he licked my nose, my chin, my hand and my cheek again.

I have been smiling ALL day, knowing that my boy loves me.

That is so sweet. I don't think I ever thought of anything when my rabbits first licked me, some havent yet!

Isn't the "Bunny" first kiss as good as "your first kiss" from a human boy/girl? Felt the same feeling myself and actually jumped up and down when it happened!

Enjoy falling in love with your bun. :D

I was jumping up and down although I was trying not to gloat too much as my husband felt a bit put out, bearing in mind that Scruff is kinda his bunny, but as I said, he is obviously and affectionate bun and will take to him when he is spending as much time with them as I am.

I had Daphne on the bed with me yesterday and although there was a lot of sniffing of my face there were no licks, so I have to be a wee more patient with her I think. Luckily tonight our visitors will have gone so it's me, hubby and the buns again. Can't wait to spend more bunny time.

fred is my only bun who licks me. alot of times i have to give him a good head scratching for a while, then i put my head down by his face, as if to present myself for grooming. only then will he lick me, and only sometimes if he feels like it!

Sometimes my guys will lick my pants, but usually nothing else. I've had Tony for almost a year and a half and Muffin for 7 months! They do trust me, they just lick each other instead of me.

Gixxer is the only bun of mine that has ever licked me. It's only once in a great while that he does it. It's probably been about 2-3 months since he last groomed me. But they all jump and crawl all over me and that's just as good, that shows me that they trust me.

BunnyMummy wrote:
Okay, I now feel a little disappointed as since that day, my little boy hasn't given me any kisses. is this normal?? Do they show affection all the time, or is it once in a blue moon?
Kiskis used to lick me everyday when she was young. Then the manylicks gradually got fewer and fewer. Now it's once in a blue moon.

Last night when I had Muffin on my lap he started to lick my fingertips! He's never done that before, and it felt so funny! His tongue was dry and rough but so teeny-tiny, it was hilarious :p I felt very special, even though he probably just liked the salt (or possibly the taste of the sandwich I had eaten just before that). Yay for love-licks!

BunnyMummy wrote:
When Scruff did it it was on my cheek, my chin, my nose and my hand. He didn't stop, but since then nothing. I have given him his favourite treats, scratched his head for ages, and nothing. :(

Have you try lying there and placing him on your chest with his head on your face?

Bo generally *grooms* my shirt as if it's my fur LOL! I get that alot but I don't get the kisses I used to.

Tony gives us tiny licks now and then but they seem really stingy with their kisses. :(

Muffin has started licking our toes when we play with him on the bed! I love it but my boyfriend has VERY ticklish feet-- it cracks me up to see him struggling to control himself while the bunny calmly investigates his toes!

Nibbles will lick me *if* I give her head pets and then gently slide my hand under her chin, the way another bun would request grooming. Sometimes she's very generous about kisses, and at other times, not so much. I thought she would never lick me... and I take it as a gift, not a given.

One of the nifty things about bunnies: you never have them all figured out! ;)

:DHi, try scratching his back end ( above his little tail) mine goes mad when i do that, the faster i scratch it the faster she licks me !!

Hope this works

Latest posts

Back