First Binkie!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Mad

Reaction score
Huggy did his first Binkie today, he couldn'thave been too happy in a cage on his own in the shop as it is he firstbinkie in his 5 month life!!! Yay, i've made him happy!!!

Isn't it the cutest thing in the world?!

Congratulations!

-Carolyn

AnnaS wrote:
whats a Binky?

The happiest rabbit expression is commonly called a "binky." It'simpossible to mistake for anything else, and the first time you see oneyou will probably wonder if the poor thing is having a convulsion. Whena rabbit binkies, it jumps into the air and twists its head and body inopposite directions (sometimes twice) before falling back to theground. This can be done while standing in one place, or while running,which is really weird looking, and is sometimes called the"happy bunny dance." A rabbit can even turn 180[suP]o[/suP] in midair.All this is a rabbit's way of telling you straight out that it is happyand overall pleased with you and its life. Some rabbits binky a lot andsome hardly at all, even if they are being treated well. Everyone hastheir own temperment.

runningbinky1_short.gif
[font="Arial, Helvetica"]Yipee!
[/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"] [/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"] 245Kmovie[/font]

A common variation, which you can easily do too, is the half-binky,also called a head flick or ear flick. Instead of twisting the wholebody, just the head is quickly turned sideways and back. This is stilla pretty impressive sight in a creature with ears longer than its head!A head flick can be performed while running, or when sitting in place.A head flick is similar in meaning to a shudder, but is a little moreplayful and silly. It differs in presentation from the "I'd rather not"ear wobble, because it's much faster and often includes a slightrearing up by lifting the front feet.

You can do a head flick too, by quickly dropping your head sideways andthen back up, with a bit of a twist. If you have long hair that getsflung, your rabbit is even more sure to get the message. Some happyrabbits will head flick back at you to show that they share yourhappiness. It's always nice to answer a head flick in kind.

If you want to go for the full binky, your rabbit will understand ifyou jump up a little in one place while doing a head flick. I recommendyou don't try to twist your body in mid-air like a rabbit will,especially if there is any furniture around, you have a history of backproblems, or are over 45 years old. Trust me on this one.

[align=center]
headflick.gif

[font="Arial, Helvetica"]Head Flick,
or Half-Binky[/font] [/align]

Website is:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.htmlIt's great for learning about how rabbits communicate with us throughtheir body language.

-Carolyn

When i first saw it with Starsky, i thought she was cold and Shivering!!!

Latest posts

Back