Firework night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
Firework Night/Bonfire Night

Tonights bonfire night.. which means lots of loud bangs and bright lights... what I always do for my bunnies is:

(for outside bunnies)
Make sure they have somewhere to hide
Keep them in the same place to not stress them out even more
Make sure they have lots of hay and straw
Cover their cage

(for indoor)
Keep tv or radio on for a noise their used to
Make sure they have somewhere to hide

Just thought I'd remind everyone :)

If there is a thread about this already feel free to delete or merge :D

Becca

They started about an hour ago round here but the bunnies have barely twitched a nose over them lol- great big ones right outside and they barely notice! Phew!

Becca wrote:
Yay!
I haven't heard any around here yet. x
There's loads going on around here- all the displays are early here for some reason this year.

I just went up to see if Dotty was ok as she doesn't have the TV distracting her up there, and she was fine- came out and cuddled up for some pets, and then I went to watch the fireworks sat on the bed in the spare room and she galloped down the corridor, sat on the bed with me for ages! Then she jumped down and binkied everytime another firework went off LOL. :)

Yeah, luckily after 8 years Millie is pretty hardened to any noises so she didn't even bat an eyelid when they were going off here!:)

I did, however, bring her in when they were getting really loud and close together, but so far there has been nothing toobad. I dug one of Smokey's old turnout rugs out of my garage and put that over the front of her hutch so that should stop her seeing any flashes and muffle the sounds a bit if there are any later on. I'm glad my Millie is a toughbun though, she was too busy munching on her hay to care too much about a few silly bangs and flashes.;)

I went out to check on mine the other day when some quite loud ones were going off and they seemed to be fine, I made sure they had lots of hay to hide in and they are covered up every night anyway, they seem to make more of a bother about a local cat passing by then they do the fireworks.

I heard a few big bangs last night as I was going to sleep but Millie seemed fine this morning so I don't think she was too bothered. :)Phew - glad that's another bonfire night over! I always thought it wasa strange holiday anyway...and having pets has made me really dislike fireworks!

Latest posts

Back