Finished my run at last.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
I'm so pleased. I have been waiting for ages to finish my run but I ran out of weld mesh. I bought it today and got soaking wet fixing it but I don't care. The roof is now on. It has weld mesh covering the whole roof and I bought some heavy duty plastic that I stapled on top. I don't know how long the plastic will last though with all this wind but I thought for £2.00 I may as well try. The buns can come out even when it's raining. :p
I went over budget though. I tried to get it all done for £100.00 or less but it went to £162.00. It's still not bad for the shed and the run though. This is the first thing that I have ever built so I am very pleased with myself. The buns are now free to play out whenever they want.

100_0421.jpg

:shock::shock::shock:

That is so awsome! You did a great job! I'm sure they'll love it!

Post pics and videos with them in there later.

That looks amazing! It looks so big too! I'm sure they'll love it!!

Oh that's just wonderful! I would love to build something like that for my bunnies, it's perfect! Great job with it! I'm sure the bunnies are over joyed ;).

That's fantastic! I showed my boyfriend and he said we could build one in the spring if we buy a house this winter!!!! WOooHOoo! Stanley must just love it!! I'm so so jealous!:biggrin2::great:You did a great job it looks fantastic!! I printed the picture of it so we can copy some of the features your set up! hehe If Oscar new he would be so excited!! I would hate to be outside when we get a house and leave Oscar inside by himself. Right now we're in an appartment so we're not outside much;)

Thanks Leslie102 and good luck with yours. By the way it's not Stanley's home (he's a house bunny) It's for the 2 lionheads that my son found. (Nipper and BigWig)
They are the two sleeping on the floor at the back. The other 2 were their babies that have since gone to their new homes.

100_0360.jpg

I know that it is a bit big just for 2 but you never know. I have no plans for anymore but my son Tyler is always on the look out. :) If I ever come accross a bunny in need then I know that I have the space.

Lucky buns! They even get hard wood flooring, can you say spoiled???

I love your set up, so big and safe looking. You've worked so hard to give those babies the best, and I'm sure they're going to enjoy it.

--Dawn

The flooring is just some old vinyl floor covering that my friend was throwing out. I have tried to make everything secure. I have a lot of cats living round here and they are always sniffing out the buns. My neighbours rabbit got killed by one of the cats so I have had to make safety my main priority. If anything happens to them now I will scream. I have weld meshed the inside of the shed so I think that I have done all that I can. It's so nice to watch them come and go as they please. I do have 1 problem though. I can't let my house bun Stanley out in the garden while they are in the run. As soon as Nipper see's Stanley he attacks BigWig. Any ideas?

What a fabulous enclosure! It looks so safe and roomy!! :shock:

Nipper is probably frustrated at seeing what he thinks is an intruder on his terrritory- even if it is on the other side of the mesh. He is just taking his frustration out on the closest thing- poor BigWig! If you could put some sort of visual barrier up (maybe a tarp) for when Stanley is out, that should help. Is Nipper neutered?

babymaker64 wrote:

The flooring is just some old vinyl floor covering that my friend was throwing out. I have tried to make everything secure. I have a lot of cats living round here and they are always sniffing out the buns. My neighbours rabbit got killed by one of the cats so I have had to make safety my main priority. If anything happens to them now I will scream. I have weld meshed the inside of the shed so I think that I have done all that I can. It's so nice to watch them come and go as they please. I do have 1 problem though. I can't let my house bun Stanley out in the garden while they are in the run. As soon as Nipper see's Stanley he attacks BigWig. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back