Finally, got my lip pierced!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
Hey guys, well after photoshopping a ring onto my lip to convince my lovely boyfriend, I went and had my lip pierced.

Image1190.jpg

It didn't hurt at all, it was fine. It hasn't swollen yet, so the longer post for healing is really annoying me, the disk keeps catching on my teeth when I eat. :X

Going to change it as soon as it feels alright. I'd much rather wear a ring in it.

Just wanted to share with you piercing fans! :D

It looks great, Jenson :biggrin2:!

I've got snake bites and got one done right after the other, same day. It didn't hurt at all, either. I wonder why your piercer put in a stud, rather than a ring. Normally, they like to put in a ring because it allows more room for swelling.

Here's my bites:

m_88597c7800d1c8613abc048b3441b9d1.jpg

Just keep that fresh piercing really clean and don't touch them with your fingers, it should heal well soon :D!

Thank Amy! :D

I asked for a stud because I knew I'd have to have quite a big ring for the swelling and I wanted something small to start off with. Wish I'd gone with the ring now though, she put a long bar in to accomodate the swelling and it's just not comfortable. Ah well, next time I'll know. :(

How long until I get used to it being there? It feels pretty strange!

I love your snakebites, they look really pretty.

Jenson wrote:
How long until I get used to it being there? It feels pretty strange!

About a week :p. I would call your piercer back and ask her if she can switch it to a ring if you aren't comfortable with the stud. It shouldn't hurt much at all to switch it out, if she's good at what she does :).

My daughter wants snake bites... we let her get her tongue peirced and her dad let her get a tatoo on her lowe back... I have to draw the line until she is older... Don't get me wron... I like peircings but she is only 16 . I want her to wait until she is 18 for anything else... one day she walked up to me she peirced her lip with a sewing needle and i had to make her take it out..

Okay, thanks Amy. Yeah I'll go back on the weekend and get her to change it. It already feels better, not so sore today.:)

bat- That went right through me! I think you've been fair with your compromise, I'm sure she'll be glad for it when she's older! Maybe you should show her some photos of the damage bad infections can do, she might be less likely to try DIY! :shock:

Hey Jenson, that looks really good!:D

I got my lip done 2 and half years ago, but mine's in the middle... The longer bar for healing is sooo annoying! I think I lasted a few weeks with mine but it did swell up a few days later...

I actually lost the ball about 2 days after, I hadn't screwed it up tight enough and it fell down the sink. I had to drive back to the piercing place with my tongue holding it in place and my friend had to talk for me!

Doesn't hurt at all does it? :)

Thanks mouse! Yeah it's really annoying, it's the catching on my teeth that's bothering me, I can't eat properly. I'm going to see if i can get it changed to a ring on the weekend.

I was surprised at how quick and easy it was!

bat42072 wrote:
My daughter wants snake bites... we let her get her tongue peirced and her dad let her get a tatoo on her lowe back... I have to draw the line until she is older... Don't get me wron... I like peircings but she is only 16 . I want her to wait until she is 18 for anything else... one day she walked up to me she peirced her lip with a sewing needle and i had to make her take it out..

I wanted snake bites since I was 15. My dad said, "You can't have any piercings until you are 18 and not living in my house." He didn't care about tattoos, because he has many, as long as I was 18.

Well, I begged for a nose stud, so I got that when I was 15. Since I couldn't get anything else done, I started gauging my ears as well.

Finally, two days after my 18th birthday (I've lived with Ryan since I was 17) I went out and got my snake bites. I only waited 3 looooong years for them :p.

Then a few months ago I got my tongue pierced. I never wanted it pierced and thought it was such a "slooty" piercing because all the "slooty" girls in my school had it done. But, I just got it done anyway as one of those "What the heck?" type of things.

Now I am 19 and....eh, still no tattoos. I am going to see about making an appointment sometime this month :).

What is it going to be? I'm hopefully getting my second one this month too. :D

undergunfire wrote:
Now I am 19 and....eh, still no tattoos. I am going to see about making an appointment sometime this month :).

Jenson wrote:
What is it going to be? I'm hopefully getting my second one this month too. :D

undergunfire wrote:
Something to do with bunnies or rats. I have a few designs, but I need to chose. My tattoo'er will redraw them a bit anyway, of course :).

I'll post a few designs later. I have to head to work now :p.

i was piercing crazy back in the day :p my mom told me i looked like a....well....(expletive deleted haha) when i got my cartilige pierced. ugh. i never did facial piercings because i don't want any indentations on my face from scars later in life. they are small, but they irritate me. i did have my septum pierced for a long time until it FELL OUT. that SUCKED. i might actually go out and get that redone....

anyway!...i am planning on getting a tattoo in the near future when i can afford it. probably long after nemo's tear duct cleansing in a week and a half...that's going to be at least $250. so don't have the money for that right now...but he needs to get better....credit card time, i guess.

my tattoo is going to be a a skeletal model of a serotonin molecule on the back of my neck. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Serotonin-skeletal.png

serotonin is the neurotransmitter that is implicated in panic disorder. they say you don't have enough of it and that is why your anxiety levels are so high (or at least part of the reason). so i want to tattoo a molecule of it on me so that i can say i always have serotonin close to me!

i used to want to put it on my sternum right by my heart so i could say i always have serotonin close to my heart, but if/when i get married i want to wear a strapless wedding dress and i think having a tattoo hanging out of it in pictures is tacky and trashy, so i nixed that idea.

haha look at me, thinking ahead, wow!!!

anyways, end rant NOW!

Tracy

My mum and Dad would never let me get anything pierced... I moved out when I was 19, but when I was 18 I wanted my lip pierced, and my mum swore blind that she'd throw me out of the house if I had it done! She's usually so liberal and laid back, I just couldn't understand it. Anyway, when I finally got it done, I went round there and she didn't even notice! :)

I am kind of glad she hates piercings though, because I really wanted my eyebrow done when I was 16, but I'd totally gone off the idea by the time I was old enough to get it done, so I'm kind of glad she didn't let me!

Does anyone else with a barlip piercing find that if you bite into an apple, the ball gets stuck in it?! I've had that soo many times!

undergunfire wrote
I'll post a few designs later. I have to head to work now :p.
Awesome! I love looking at other peoples designs.

I plan to have a celtic style rabbit on my right foot, but that will be my third one as I havn't settled on exactly what I want yet.

Latest posts

Back