Finally got her a big cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been about a week since I adopted Cinnabun, and I'm happy to say that I finally got her a suitable cage. My dad and I connected two large dog crates. :) She's a little confused about what she should do with all this space, but I'm hoping she'll settle in soon. This is probably the most space she's had all her life. Now the next thing I need to do is schedule a spaying appointment.

I also need to go to a fabric store and get some fleece for her. Right now she's on scraps of fleece and it doesn't match. :p

2wm1hjp.jpg

fepcua.jpg

2epr1g0.jpg

Also, she's become a lot friendlier and will come up to the front of the cage to get her head pet. She's still a little territorial but not as much as she used to be. :) She also will eat out of my hands now and climb into my lap for veggies.

I love it! My rabbit's first cage he had when I got him was two wire dog kennels put together. He had a kitchen and a bedroom. I kept his bed, levels, and a rug in his bedroom and the kitchen was bare bottomed with litterbox, water bottle, hay, and food. It was nice because then I could contain all of the mess in his kitchen (the smaller kennel) while his bedroom - which was harder to get to and sweep out - remained fairly clean.

The only difference is that there was a funny little hallway in Jasper's cage because of the space I had to work with. Did you remove the tops from the dog crates?

Your bunny reminds me very much of my Ella!

She's adorable, and I'm so glad she's found a great home with you! Cinnabun is an adorable name too, by the way. :)

Have you started letting her out to run around yet? When I brought my rabbits home they just automatically assumed they owned my house, fff.

Yep, we removed the tops of the dog crates because the dog crates were super annoying and bulky to move around with the top and bottom attached.

When she was in her tiny cage, I took her out for play time in a pen, but she didn't seem to like it. Lately she seems to be eager and more curious about coming out so I'm hoping to let her run around the hallway or something. I'm a little worried she'll try to jump into the guinea pigs' cage if I let her run around my room :p.

Back