Finally a Holland Lop litter!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I only kept a single Holland Lop doe when I chose to go to Dutch( I now have just 2) but Legacy was a special bunny, she looked like a broken Orange for so long but I think she's actually a bright tort. Anyway. I bred her back to her father(it was that or her grandfather- I finally got a mate for her at the show the other day- he'll have his own section later on)
Well on the 22nd she finally had 2 babies.
DSCN4390_zpsee7076d8.jpg

But that picture was from day 1, they've got more color and I can actually tell what color's they are going to be now! One is going to be a solid bright tort the other a broken bright tort like momma!

And the new Holland Lop buck that's going to be Legacy's mate in the future is Oliver:
DSCN4419_zpsf83c3b24.jpg

When I had first told the guy what I was looking for (a broken sable point) he said yep, I got one. Told him I wanted him (Sight unseen-I Know) and when we got him and his pedigree it says Broken smoke pearl- so I don't know what to think- is he really a smoke pearl? How do I tell?

so adorable! Congratulations!!

Sable point has brown eyes
Smoke Pearl has blue/gray eyes
that would be the easiest way to tell.

That means he's a Smoke Pearl! And it turns out that's the color I've been looking for!

Anyway. I had the two babies out again today and their eyes are just starting to open! The solid tort is a buck and the broken is a doe! I'm quite certain!

DSCN4535_zps6dbd81e1.jpg

DSCN4538_zpsd438b3bf.jpg

DSCN4539_zpsa9e46c92.jpg

DSCN4540_zpsb621dcb0.jpg

DSCN4543_zps431df1ee.jpg

DSCN4547_zps0870623b.jpg

DSCN4541_zps1740d983.jpg

DSCN4536_zpsbf532b88.jpg

The little broken doe baby is going to be a little feisty one, but the little solid buck is so laid back just like his daddy!!

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them or not yet. I might keep one of them, but we'll see!
And THANK you to which ever mod re-sized the images! I couldn't get them smaller!

Another adorable pair and the new buck is so handsome. I am totally overloaded tonight on baby buns but just can´t resist looking at them all.

I need to get new pictures of these two, they are so freaking cute, I forgot how cute it is to have these guys around as babies, they are hopping a little but most more waddling across the cage, they hop in and out of the box and the little girl sleeps on her back with her legs up in the air! It's soo funny! At first I thought she was dead they'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow, I've seen them sampling moms food and water so I know they're getting it! It'll be hard to let these two go, it's been almost a year since I had a Holland Litter and I forgot how cute they are!
New pictures coming up in the next day or two. I'm trying to get the 7 dutch I have entered for KY Cup ready. nails done, now full body grooms and get my stuff together! So much to do!!

They are soooooo adorably cute! I don't know how you do anything besides hold them! lol I would have a hard time keeping my hands off those babies! I love to cuddle my pets! lol Its mandatory at my house you have to give mom a little cuddle time & then she will let you go do what you want but you got to love mom! lol

They are so cute! Yes, I agree how do you keep from holding them? It must be hard. They are so adorable and small I would want to hold them all day and all night! :)

well long long waited update
I ended up weaning at 5 weeks, momma was ripping hair out of the poor dears, I tried re-breeding her at 4.5 weeks when she first started ripping hair out of them, but by 5 weeks she was still aggressive with them that I took them away, the buck baby has a horrible attitude now, he hates being touched in anyway shape or form, but the doe baby is such a sweetie pie.

They're just under 7 weeks old now.
DSCN5063_zps197c7428.jpg

The doe looks nice, I'll keep messaging her ears though:
DSCN5071_zps740cf5c6.jpg

the buck, looks pet quality to me. I know I probably shouldn't judge them this early but I've got someone that wants him at 8 weeks as a future breeding buck and I'm like no, his temperament has to come around before I even think about letting him out of my barn. Bad temperament is not allowed to leave.
DSCN5066_zps2551efe7.jpg

What do you gals think about body type? I know where they're going for temperament wise. The buck looks long in body (I know no top or face on photos), narrow in head and just kind of FUGLY.

I like his bone much better than hers.

Both of them look long in shoulders and midsection from those pics.

Back