Filled out my first job application!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The day after I put in the Burger King Application, I put in a Dairy Queen Application.

And I have an interview at Dairy queen tommorow! Wish me luck!

GOOD GOOD LUCK COMING THAT WAY FROM TENNESSEE!!!! I have been searching for a job since December, so I know what you are going through. I think/hope I have one nailed down for interviews and whatnot. Thing is, I look good on an application, but when I go into the interview, I stutter and blush and have no idea what to say.

Again, good luck.

Rae

[align=center]Good Luck, Montana! I know you will get a job some where! And think, if you get the job at Dairy Queen you could get free ice cream. [/align]

Good Luck.

I'd work at Dairy Queen, it's my favorite place for ice cream. On hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge. YUM YUM:craziness

Susan:running bunny

Thanks you guys!

I got the job!

I'm so excited, I can't wait to start earning money. He's gonna call Saturday and let me know when I start.

The interview went kinda funny. He was asking me all these questions and one was "What makes you happy?"

Me: "Like...anything?"

Him : "Yeah"

Me: "Rabbits!"

And then he laughed at me...

Then he asked me what I did after school. I said "Play with my rabbits!" And he laughed again, and he asked me what I did on weekends, and told me not to say play with my rabbits, I just laughed because that's what I do. :p

Woohoo congratulations Montana!!!! And on your birthday too. Whatchu gonna do to celebrate?

YAY, congrats on the job AND Happy birthday!!! I hope the Dairy Queen you work at is a good one and you enjoy it there! Dairy Queen is my favorite fast food place, my grandparents opened a DQ in 1952 when my father was 2 months old. That Dairy Queen has been owned and run by my family for almost exactly 56 years! It's in a small town and the McDonald's and KFC closed down for lack of business, but Dairy Queen has always been going strong. They have had the same people working there since I was a little kid and they have a huge menu and really good food. I don't actually think they're a franchise, they're allowed to put whatever they want on the menu. Bill Clinton actually stopped by the Dairy Queen yesterday, here's a picture of him with my Uncle John!

http://www.breitbart.com/image.php?id=app-259e8890-41a0-4fa3-932d-6df017e66df5&show_article=1

Now, just send some of your getting hired vibes to ME!

Wishing you all the luck Shiloh! That is so cool Bill Clinton came in there!

Wow, that's good! I'm only getting paid 6 an hour.

I start Monday 5-8! I'm so nervous! I keep having mental pictures of me just standing there not knowing what to do and ahhhh! I'm so scared! Because I have no clue what to do!

Don't worry or be nervous, Montana! I know it's hard not to do and I was really nervous for the first while at my first job, but you'll be able to function better and feel better if you stay calm and don't let yourself get flustered. Do you know if you'll be making food, working the drive thru or helping customers? I'm sure you'll have people to help you know what to do, you won't be alone :)

WOOHOO! Congrats Montana! You'll be just fine. Honestly - I was so nervous when I got my first job waitressing, and I caught on real fast and only dropped food on someone once lol. She deserved it anyway....

Good luck! :)and Happy Birthday! That was cute about your interview.

I'm working the front, which is taking orders inside and doing drivethrough, making the ice cream and drinks, and then cleaning.

I'm going to pass out. :thud:I was so confused, I didn't know what to do. And I can't remember anything...and I have to work again tommorow! And the people I worked with today aren't even going to be there...so I have to have today pretty much all over again tommorow.

It gets easier! The more shifts you have the better. It's good that you are going tomorrow, it will really help to solidify what you have to learn.

I worked at A&W for my very first job, and their training stank. I didn't work very often, maybe once a week so I had a hard time remembering how to use the silly ordering system. And it didn't help that they kept changing the buttons around on me and adding new features, it changed just about every time I went in.

I moved to retail after that, and I really enjoyed that. I made lots of sales.

Now, I'm in engineering but the company I got my summer job with does engineering sales for control systems. I'm excited because I loved retail and I love engineering. I think it's going to be a wonderful summer for me.

Good luck with your new job. Would it help to take some note cards with you and write yourself little reminders?

--Dawn

You'll be giving trainings yourself before you know it. I have no doubt in your abilities. I just hope the job is what you are hoping for. Congrats, and have fun. Can I have an ice cream though? :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back