Fighting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Hey Guys,It's been a good while sinceIve been on here.As you all know Thumper and Fayth have been bondedsince,forever.They have always been the best of friends,sleeping withthere legs over lapping one anther,licking each other and so on.......Iwoke up this morning at about 6:00 to this really strange noise.Iturned the light on and Thumper was attacking Fayth.So I picked Thumperup and made sure she was alright and Did the same with Fay.They whereboth fine.I sat up with them for a while and when they were both comfylaying down together I turned the light off and went back tobed.I woke up 30Minutes later to the same thing.Thump Attacking Fayth.The only thing Icould find wrong with Fay was her fur was wet but no blood or inguriesthat I can see,She was scared. I did What I thought was best andseperated them.Now fay mopes around and Thumper isnt eating.I let themplay together in th big cage when Im there to watch them but seperatethem when Im not there.I cant risk one of them getting hurt or themboth getting hurt or even worse dying.Can you guys please help me bondmy once already bonded girls?

Well, you have two unspayed female rabbits, oneof which is about 6 1/2 months old now. Unfortunately, they're justgoing to fight :?

That's hard, I know. My two bonded,spayed girls still sometimes fight and have to be temporarilyseparated. I have no idea what causes it, but it usually onlylasts a day or so. You did the right thing by separatingthem. Spaying will definitely help, but do them at the sametime, if possible, so they don't have to be apart for a longtime. When you separate them, try to keep their cages close,so they can still see and smell each other.

Laura

Well I put them in there big cagetogether,while I was in the room and they were fine but Fayth wasmounting Thumper.Do females do this?Thumper backed her self into acorner and Fayth keeps trying to mess with her.

Mounting is a dominance thing. I really would suggest getting them spayed if possible before there's any permanent damage.

Like everyone else said, spaying is really the only option.

I have three bonded rabbits, two bucks and a doe. They're all "fixed"and all in the same cage. Every so often, the two bucks go at it, butnot often and a good squirt with the spray bottle usually does thetrick.

Lenci and Iszy (both females) could not getalong for all the while that I had them. They liked eachother as long as there was a cage between them. Like people,some bunnies just don't like other bunnies...especially dominantbunnies.

I'd reccomend getting them spayed, it will helpwith the bonding issue andThere is an 80% chance of aunspayed female getting cancer by the time she's 3.

Agree with all that's been said about spaying. Ido think it's wise to keep them in separate cages when you're notaround. Faye could get very stressed if she's constantly got to worryabout Thumper being a bully. Besides one of them getting really hurtand having high vet bills, the stress alone could throw her immunesystem becoming vulnerable to other serious health problems.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back