Fighting Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
We are new to rabbits and in October we got twofloppy ear male bunnies from the same litter. They are reallycute but started fighting each other around Christmas so we had themneuter in January. The rabbits are still fighting.Is there anything we can do to stop this or do they need to beseparated permantly?

Two intact male bunnies rarely ever get along even if they are littermates.

I'd say your rabbits have hit what we refer to as the "teen years"which is when your rabbits have raging hormones and males become superterritorial.

My two neutered male bunnies started fighting at aroung 8 months old an dI've never been able to put them together since.

Bunnies bond together more easily if they arebuck and doe, doe and doe, or buck and buck, in that order ofdescending probability of success. Some people claim allrabbits can be bonded if one utilizes proper techniques and is willingto expend the time and energy necessary to bring the process to asuccessful conclusion. Others claim there are bunnies whosimply will not bond with other particular bunnies regardless of whatone does.

We tend to fall in that latter category, but are willing to admit thatwe have not had the patience to work with a recalcitrant pairfor more than three consecutive weeks of training before we gave up onthem. In spite of those failures we have effectively bondedseven pairs of heterosexual rabbits over the past eight years or so.

Some of the better Internet sites regarding bonding of rabbits are to be found at:

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/index.html

Buck

Thank you for the response. It looks like we will be remodeling our rabbit hutch.

Thanks. I'll check out those websites and let you know how it turns out.

Thank you so much for the bonding tips.The rabbits are getting along really well now in the samecage. Your advice really worked.

Latest posts

Back