Fighting!? Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotaJade

Charlotte
Reaction score
So yesterday I witnessed Jade fighting with Dakota.
These two girls are about three months old now and have got along fine the past month and a half I have had them, until yesterday they had a bit of a fight..
My poor guinea pig also got in between them, none were injured however I had to separate the two and poor Dakota had to be in a cage inside yesterday most the day as I didn't want to risk it again.
I have put them back together and so far they are back to being happy "BFFLs"

Not quite sure what is going on? Is Jade hormonal? Because I know she started having a go at Dakota first.

Best options?

:dunno

(I do have another hutch however it is worn out and broken and not able to be used right now...)

If they are truly fighting then they need to be seperated. Rabbit fights can get bad. It could be that hormones are starting to kick in. Not all buns get along even if they did so when young.

They suddenly seemed to be getting along now, they haven't fought since that day? But I'll keep an eye out if they to fight again I will be separating them immediately.
Hmm maybe it was just a play fight from a distance it looked like a fight?
I'll just watch them.

Hormones.
As PaGal stated.

It can be seriously dangerous to keep 2 unaltered rabbits together.
They are both reaching that age where hormones kick in.
Just because rabbits are friends when their young doesn't mean it will stay that way, and that doesn't mean they are bonded by any means.
Best option? Get them both spayed, wait a month or 2, then try bonding them again.
Fights can easily break out when you're not looking if left as is, and can just as easily result in serious injury or death. So if their all ready fighting at this young age and only 1 has become hormonal so far, it will most likely only get worse as the hormones increase in both of them.

So this post was a while and just thought I should show these two off now :)

No fights since that last one! Now they are the best of friends! Inseparable!

IMG_1663.JPG

Latest posts

Back