Fighting and Spraying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephiemarie78

Reaction score
:shock: Ruby and Leia have always gotten along. The live in cages right next to each other. They where spayed on Tuesday. This morning they starting fighting and spraying. Attacking through the cages. WHY??? They have never acted like this.

It may have something to do with their spays , something physiological due to hormones dropping.

They probably smell unfamilar to each other.

I adopted a pair of buns last Nov

the male was neutered but I had daisy spayed and then they stayed next to each other until she was totally healed

When I placed them back together he was not accepting of her ..kept smelling her butt (which I'm sure smelled different)..he did get over it in time

You may have to rebond the girls (too early to tell) but they probably smell like different rabbits to each other.

I tend to agree with angieluv. Hormones are a huge part of an animal's scent.

They both probably think they are suddenly living next to new neighbors. "What an insult! She takes me to that mean vet, I come home all ouchy and grouchy, and my favorite friend is GONE!! And some otherbun has barged in. It's an insult, I say! Take that, you intruder!!" *sprayingin thegeneral direction of the'stranger'* Buns SO hate change.

Back